Chapter 1: I am Sunny Day

Summer.

Children love it, not that I classify myself as a child though, I'm 16, a teen. I dread summer. I believe that it's the same thing every year. Swimming, sunburns, Fourth of July, what's so great about that?

 "Sunny, come downstairs!" mom yelled.

 That's also another thing I don't like. My name. Sunny Day. Who the hell names their child that? That's a real question, considering I'm a boy. I know, "Sunny Day? A dude? Can't believe it!" and then laughter everywhere. Your parents just wanted to give you hell from the day you were born. Can't blame 'em though, because they love you.

 "Sunny!" she repeated.

 "Coming!"

 I ran down the oak wood stairs into the living room, mom was sitting on the beige colored couch with an opened envelope in her hands. Report cards, hooray.

 "Hello mom." I said, thinking of what my teachers had told me about my grades. They said they weren't bad, so I'll believe it from my mom.

 "Your teachers told me you were a good student, so why are your grades bad?" my mom asked me.

 Hold up. Bad? I can't believe them! Is this some kind of practical joke?!

 "Mom, I -"

 "What, tried your hardest? You know how I am about this, Sun, and I know you tried your hardest, but you could've tried harder. I can't believe you have to go to summer school." she said, a bit of a disappointed tone in her voice.

 How could someone use the two things I dreaded the most in the same sentence against me? Summer. School. 

 "Well, sorry." I snapped coldly. 

 I've just summoned death upon me.

 "Sorry won't fix your grades, Sunny, and use that tone again, I will sell your Panic! at the Disco vinyl."

 Oh god, not the "A Fever You Can't Sweat Out" vinyl. I felt anger, but I always have.

 Me and my mother usually had a good relationship, until it came to things like this. I've thrown fits, horrible ones, like when we moved to Albuquerque. We moved into a house that was to big for two people at the end of the cul-de-sac and I was mad. I threw things, I kicked, I screamed,and said things I shouldn't have. I was a short-tempered child, and I still have that in me somewhere.

 "Sunny, you still there?" mom said, bringing me back from my thoughts.

 "Yes, mom."

 "You know I love you, right?"

 "Yes."

 "Okay you can go back upstairs." mom finished.

 That was the end of that and then, unlucky for me since I still had summer school, the last day of school had came. The last day of snickers and laughs around me until the next school year. Or summer school, if they still have morning greetings for the whole school to hear, knowing who to point fingers at and laugh at, quite childish for 16 year olds.

 "Good morning, badgers!" came a voice from the intercom. All kids paused in the hall for a second.

 "Here comes the good part." Julian, school bully, smirked.

 "It's another sunny day in Albuquerque!" 

 Then it came, snickers all around me.

 "I don't understand what's so funny about that.." I mumbled.