Chapter 1

Senior year; the last year of school a year where you would think you have lots of friends. But not me this will be my last and first year at SHS. I'm an eighteen year old Latina whom is five foot and I look like a freshman. I had to move school's because I got kicked out of my previous one for too many absences, unacceptable attitude, fighting and because I stabbed a girl with a pen. I'm currently getting ready for my first day, I put on my American Eagle jeans and an over-sized white t-shirt, along with some foundation, filled in my eyebrows, some mascara and some Carmex. I get my keys and phone and walk downstairs. "I'm leaving." I yelled to my mom in the kitchen, I didn't wait for a reply before walking out the door. I get in truck and set up my GPS. I plug in my phone to the charger and Bluetooth and play slow motion by Trey Songs. Replaying it three times before arriving to school. I felt everyone looking at me, as I drove into the parking lot. As I'm getting out my truck, which by the way I have to jump off of, there's a group of like ten guys that walked over to look at my truck. "Nice ride" one of them said, I recognized his accent as Cuban. "Thanks" I walked away and locked it. As I was walking to the building some guy runs into me from behind a car and he spills his red drink all over my white Shirt. "Idiota (idiot)" I yelled at him. "Im so so sorry" he said. "You better be you ruined my shirt" I yelled at him. My shirt is now red and kind of see threw. "Mami perdon (baby girl I'm sorry) I wasn't paying attention, I have an extra shirt in my car, please take it so I won't feel as bad" he said and I just looked at him he was kind of cute. "I'm taking it just because I don't want to look like an idiot on my first day" I said. "Okay, newbie" he said I just rolled my eyes and walked behind him. "So eres una freshman? (So you're a freshman?)" he asked me. "No, soy una senior (no I'm a senior)" I answered,"yo tambien (me too)" he says looking at me as he hands me over a black t-shirt that says "100% Dominican" WOW. I took off my shirt not caring it was just him anyways his eyes widen as I put on the shirt hr gave me a really big one but I don't care. I gave him my ruined shirt and I walked away. I feel every one looking at me. "Take a picture it'll last longer" I said and everyone turned away. I walked to the office and I'm greeted by an old lady "Hi, I'm jessica Olivares I'm new and I was asked to come into the office first thing" I said then she answered "oh yes Mrs. Mendes is waiting for you in her office" she said pointing to an open door I walked over to it. "Mrs. Mendes" I called and she looked up from her desk to me. "Yes?" she asked " I'm Jessica Olivares I'm new" I said. "Oh right, come on in please and shut the door please" she said and I did as told. "Okay well Jessica I have your schedule I will get Richard my office aid to show you around but right now we need to talk about your attitude, I would like to ask you to noy completely change but lower it a little, it's your senior year" she said. "I know ma'am as long as no one messes with me I'll be good"I said. "Okay now go tell the Secretary to call Richard so he can show you around" she said and I just walked out not caring of what she said about my attitude. "Miss, Mrs. Mendes said to get Richard yo showed me around" I said. "Oh yes, just take a seat because he's not here yet" she said and I just took a seat. I put in my headphones and I scrolled threw my social media app's and answering some text from people from my old school. A few minutes passed and I felt someone tapping my shoulder, I look up and see the Dominican guy from the parking lot. "What?" I said with an attitude. "I have to show you around, Jessica" he said, so he's Richard I put up my headphones and my phone in my back pocket. "So as you see this is the office now the door eight across is the library it opens at eight every morning" he said and I walked behind him. "Um Richard I need to go to my truck to get my back pack" I said "Alright" he said and we walked to my truck I hate this school I miss my old one, same town just different school. As get closer to my truck ai unlock it, "So you're the owner of this beauty" he asked, "Yeah" I said and then my phone goes off 'Hayden💓', it was an In coming call. "Babe" I answered "Hey, babygirl , I miss you so much" he said. "I miss you too, how are you" I answered. "Nothing I just wanted to know if you wanted to come over tonight" he asked. "Yeah of course, I'll go over right after school, so we can spend as much time as possible together" I said as I grabbed my bag and lock the door, walking back to the building. "I have baseball practice today right after school, how about at six" he said. "Oh yeah I forgot about baseball, six sounds great" I said, and I hung up. "Sorry, my boyfriend" I said. "It's fine, so are you from around here" he asked. "Yeah, I just had to move schools" I said. "But why your senior year" he asked. "Well, I guess I didn't have much of a choice" I said. "Oh did your parents make you move" he asked. "No I got kicked out of my old school" I said. "How, did that happen" he asked. "Well as you experienced earlier I have an attitude, so I got in troubled a lot " I laughed. "Well, then we will get along great" he laughed. After he showed me around the school we went to first period; we have all our classes together, we were about fifteen minutes late but we had a pass. "Lovely for you to join us late Mr.Camacho, and who might you be" the teacher said with an ugly attitude. "I'm Jessica Oliveres I'm new, and I would like you to know Richard here has a pass so drop the bitch attitude" I said and everyone laughed, untill she turned and gives them a nasty look. "Well Jessica, would you like to go to the office your first day?" she asked. "It would be an honor" I said. "We could kick you off this campus, with that attitude" she threatened. "It wouldn't be the first school to kick me out" I said. "Just take a seat, you two" she said and Richard and I took seat next to each other at the back, well this class sucks.