Chapter 20: Monsters in Hell

part 20
Song for this chapter:
Get out alive
By: Three days grace
---------------------------------
Torie's point of view
---------------------------------

The dark clouds loomed overhead. Persistent on covering the grey skies. The city around me was only showing the same bitter grey colour. Now and then a flash of red or blue from a car passed by. When the colour was gone I was left surrounded by the grey. I was left with a feeling of hopelessness.

I was only human. Dating a vampire is not all it seems to be. I make him weak, he makes me weak. No, thats just the human in me making me weak. I wasn't able to help with the fight. Maybe if I was there I could've saved Noah. Maybe if I was a vampire....no. Louis won't permit it. He says I leave a sense of vulnerability in him that he loves. Soon I was going to be older than him. I was going to get old and die without him.

Sure he has had girlfriends before me. He stayed with them until they died. I don't want to die, I don't want to live without him. The idea of me walking in the void alone forever makes me get up off the bench and march right to him. Louis is sitting on my bed reading a book. The music is blasting from the radio. It was fast paced and made my heart beat just a little quicker. I turned off he music and he looks at me over the top of the book.

"Louis, we need to talk."

He sighed and placed the book down. He knew what I was going to say. He was in front of me in an instant, I didn't flinch. I was used to him doing that by now.

I took a breath before I looked into his blue eyes. They had specks of grey in them, it made them look like a rainy day. They had a warmness to them that his skin didn't have.

"I want to be turned," I said, glancing away quickly.

I didn't want to see his reaction. We'd talked about this before and we ended up having a fight. He told me to never ask him again.

I could feel his anger radiating throughout the room.

The peeling wallpaper looked worse as the anger poured into the cracks.

"I told you to never ask me again," the fury in his voice attacked me. "Can't you just be happy with who you are? It's not easy being a supernatural. Are you asking for a death wish? Do you want to die?!" His bouncy voice had deepened with a threatening edge to it.

I backed away slowly. The room went dark, the clouds had blocked out the pale sun. My stomach churned and I suddenly felt uneasy.

Louis would never hurt me... would he?

I backed up against the wall and Louis began to tear the room apart. A chair flew through the window. How was I going to explain that to Jason?

Louis yelled in rage and more things flew around the room.

"Louis stop!" I yelled.

An object came hurling towards me. I screamed in fear, I was too slow to move. It hit my head and I fell to the ground. The pain was excruciating. My eyelids became heavy and the pain began to fade. Soon my eyes were shut and all I could see was the darkness.

---------------------------------
Jason's point of view
---------------------------------

I heard Torie's screams echo through the house. Quickly glancing up at the stairs, my feet made no haste in getting to her room. I practically knocked down the wooden door to get in.

"What the hell did you do?" I screamed at Louis who was pounding his head against the wall.

Torie was on the ground in a heap. There was blood pouring out of her head. I looked closer kneeling in the pool of blood surrounding her.