Introduction

Diamond in the Rough

Overview

Her name was Rosalie, she was six years old and was watching her mother come in late one night from the club and she just knew what was about to happen next was not going to be good. This was the first time she saw anything like this in her entire life.

Her mother stumbled into the house drunk, angry and loud which woke her up in the first place. Rosalie was a daddys girl so naturally, when she heard the noise, she climbed out of her bunkbed and ran to her fathers side. He was sitting in his favorite leather recliner chair with tears streaming down his face but he never said a word. Just sat there looking as if he had nothing else to live for.

Rosalie didnt know what was entirely going on but she began to put two and two together because she was a smart child and this is how she learned everything: by listening and just paying attention. She then saw her mother pull (out of nowhere) a pocket knife and she stabbed Rosalies father with it in the hand as she yelled out at him. All because he was waiting up on her because once again, she was out partying and cheating on him as if she was not a wife and mother of six children. When she did this, It was as if he, for that very moment, stopped hearing all sound and all he could do was sit still because the pain paralyzed him and he couldnt move. His tears themselves were a testament of his whole dream of a family being shattered. Rosalie had never seen her father cry or be sad before. This very moment changed her whole world, view of life and her opinion of her mother forever.