THREE.

♛♛♛

♛♛♛

Blood. That's all I saw. Blood on my hands, blood on my face, blood on my body. I ran through the streets of Mystic Falls, not a soul in sight, the cries for help futile. My hands squeezed against my neck as I tried to stop the blood from flowing. I turned the corner that led to the Mystic Grill, my vision blurry.

I breathed a sigh of relief when I saw a figure in the park. The figure looked like a man, his silhouette the only thing I could recognize. Waving my hands in the air, I called out to the man. My pleas were ignored however and he slowly walked in the opposite direction. "Please, help me!" I cried, falling to the ground.

I could feel myself fading as she wept uncontrollably. A loud sound came from behind, a presence coming up behind me. "Please..." I croaked, facing the person, the sight of him filling me with fear.

His eyes were blood red, purple veins under his eyes. It was not a face I recognized but it still scared me all the same. The last thing I remembered before my vision turned black was his fangs as he lunged at my throat.

Sophia woke up drenched in sweat, her breathing laboured.  Instinctively, her hands went to her neck as she processed her nightmare. Her neck was smooth with no injuries and she was able to calm herself down slightly. Sophia still felt tired, the nightmare leaving her confused and disoriented. Who was that man? Why was his face like that? Looking at her bedside table, she noticed a sticky note stuck to her lamp.

Gone back to the dorm to grab my stuff. I'll be back tomorrow

-Levi

Sophia sighed and slowly got out of bed, the hardwood flooring cold to the touch. She walked to her dresser to grab her phone and checked her messages. She only had one from and it was from Damon. The sight of his name brought a smile to her face as she remembered the date they had. He was the perfect gentleman, funny, kind and, of course, a great kisser. At the same time, Sophia couldn't help but feel as if there was a gap in her memory, like a piece of the night was taken away from her. Shrugging it off, she put the phone, glancing at the easel as she went to the bathroom.

Sophia hid the evidence in the attic, a place she knew Levi would never go to. She planned to burn the painting piece by piece, so she doesn't attract too much attention from him. He would probably have a heart attack if he found out. And besides, it's nothing to worry about. At least that's what she tried to tell herself.

Upon examination, Sophia determined the cut wasn't as deep as she thought it was. She knew she needed stitches so she quickly went to see a doctor the next morning. She lied and told them she cut herself while cooking, a lie they easily bought. Until it healed fully, she'd wear long sleeves. She didn't want anyone to worry about her. But she was worried. What was that painting? And why the hell did I use my own blood?