The Mark Of Athena- Additional Chapter Annabeth's Flashback

The fire crackled a brilliant purple. The flames seemed to touch the stars. Percy held her in his arms singing ‘Michael Finnegan’ into her hair. She couldn’t help laughing.

Looking over, Annabeth saw his mischievous smile, the one she loved so much. She leant in and kissed him, wiping the stupid grin of the face of her earth. After that moment, everything seemed to blur. People went to bed, laughing, singing. But the couple remained, melted in the others arms.

“Annabeth, don’t worry about the prophecy.” Percy whispered, stroking her hair, “All we need is now.”

“Oh Percy, it’s just… I'm worried, about us, you know. What if – I mean – New York and San Francisco are so far away. And you’ll always be in danger.”

“Yeah. But I have you. Always with the saving.” He rolled his eyes, “It’s like I'm the damsel in distress.” She couldn’t help punching him for that.

“Hey!”

“Hey yourself.” She smirked as he pulled her to him. As they sat, drinking in each others company, the flames burnt violet, high enough to hit the sky and hot enough to challenge the sun.

“I'm serious, Annabeth.” Percy declared, touching her chin, making her look at him. “No matter what happens, I'm gonna be here for you.” He bent to kiss her, but she shifted herself out of her arms and stood, backing away slowly, playfully.

“Why the sudden romantic spiel?” Annabeth joked. He took offense to that.

“I'm always romantic. Have you seen how romantic I am?” He stood in defiance and began to follow her to the wharf, where they stopped. “I am, in fact, the most romantic person I’ve ever met.” At that, they both burst into laughter. She took hold of his hand and buried her head in his chest whispering about how, yes, he was perfect. Perfectly insane.

The couple stood there, swaying in the full-moonlight reflecting off the water. They soon strolled back to the Athena cabin where Percy kissed her nose, “Like I said before, I'm not going anywhere.” When he saw her eyebrows shoot up and her ever-present smile twist he added, “Well, now I am, but you get what I mean.”

She laughed and pulled him to her,

“Yeah Seaweed Brain, I got it.” She kissed him. “And you’re not getting rid of me that easily either.”

“Good. I don’t want to loose you.” He swept a strand of her hair from her eyes and kissed her again. “Good night, Annabeth.”

“Night Percy.” Little did she know, as she watched him walk away, that that would be the last time she saw him for a very long time.