Chapter 1

Disclaimer: I do not own Rosario Vampire

Tsukune Aono was sitting on a bench waiting for the bus to Youkai Academy to arrive. He was a totally average student with nothing that made him stand out. He had failed his high school entrance exam and had no choice but to attend this school that was out in the middle of nowhere.

He had no idea how his parents even found out about it. 

He then heard the sound of a running engine and looked to see a bus stop in front of him. Sighing, he stood up and entered the bus as the doors opened.

"So... you're attending Youkai Academy huh?" The bus driver spoke, his hat's shadow covering his eyes.

"Um... yeah, I am," Tsukune said while scratching his cheek sheepishly.

"Well, you better find a seat... I can guarantee that you've never been on a ride like this before." The bus driver said, chuckling.

"Alright then," he said nervously as he surveyed the bus.

He was all alone except for one boy who appeared his age. He wore the same uniform as him but his tie was a little loose and the top button was unbuttoned. He had spikey fiery red hair and a verticle scar on his left eyebrow. His eyes weren't visible because the redhead seemed to be sleeping.

Tsukune began to walk to a seat when the redhead began to stir. Rubbing the sleep out of his eyes, he looked around revealing yellow eyes. The redhead seemed to notice he was no longer alone as he looked at Tsukune.

"Yo." The redhaired boy lazily said before yawning as he stretched.

"Hello, I'm guessing you're a student too." Tsukune guessed judging by their matching outfits.

"Yeah, first year." The redhead said as he nodded to Tsukune's guess.

"Me too, I'm Tsukune Aono by the way." He introduced himself as he took a seat in front of the redhead.

"Name's Haruki, just Haruki. You can also call me Haru for short if ya want, I don't mind." The redhead responded as he stuck out his arm which Tsukune shook.

The two of them started a conversation trying to get to know one another. Haruki learned that Tsukune seemed to lack confidence in himself, as he repeatedly referred to himself as average or nothing special but other than that, he seemed like a good person.

Tsukune learned that Haruki was a bit guarded about some subjects like family, only briefly mentioning his mother but didn't say anything else since everyone had their secrets. Tsukune rather liked the redhead. He seemed like a very energetic and optimistic person. Tsukune also noted that he was rather witty but didn't mind it. He was glad to have made a friend so soon. He had thought he would be alone during his time at the academy. Haruki was also pleased. Tsukune was his first friend going into the academy and wasn't judged or anything by the brown haired boy.

The one thing Haruki found odd though, was that he could not detect anything abnormal about Tsukune. Haruki could easily detect the difference between humans and monsters with their energy signals, but could not feel a single thing about the brown haired boy that screamed something irregular. Either that or he was just extremely good at completely masking his presence and mimicking a human which is no easy feat.

Haruki made a mental note to look into that later.

Suddenly the bus began to shake violently. They looked out the window to see that they just entered a tunnel.

"You two better get ready..." The bus driver said gaining their attention. "As soon as we exit this tunnel, we'll be at the front of the school." He finished before turning back to them showing his glowing eyes.