The Weekend (chapter 17)

When Taylor awoke the next morning it took her a minute to take in her surroundings. She inhaled a deep breath and a smile traced her lips when she turned her head to see Harry sleeping next to her. He was laying on his stomach, his arm hung lazily over Taylor’s stomach, and his hair was disheveled. She was just covered by his blankets because he stole most of them, but she didn’t mind. She loved waking up like this. She loved how peaceful he looked. She ran her fingers over the tattoo’s that covered his arm. He stirred slightly, nuzzling his head deeper into her neck. She giggled at how his hair tickled her shoulder. Suddenly she felt him smile against her skin. He pulled back keeping his eyes closed. Taylor gently kissed his mouth and then pulled back waiting for him to open his eyes.

“Good morning.” She said in her groggy morning voice, her fingers gently running up and down his arm still resting over her.

“You sound so cute in the morning.” He said opening his eyes as she rolled over onto her side to face him. Her blue eye looked brighter to him somehow. The sun was shining through the window behind her and it made her look almost heavenly. “You look absolutely gorgeous right now.” He smiled stroking her cheek. “How’d you sleep?” He asked unable to keep from smiling.

“Pretty well, despite you taking all the sheets.” She replied as he rolled over onto his side to face her too.

“I did not.” He laughed. He looked down to see pretty much all the sheets on his side of the bed. “Oh…” he laughed “I didn’t know I did that. I’m sorry.”

“It’s okay.” She giggled. “How did you sleep?” She asked.

“Pretty well…despite you kicking me all night.” He said still laughing.

“What?” She laughed lightly smacking his arm. “I don’t kick.”

“Oh yes you do!” He laughed. “You’re a kicker. I probably have bruises all over my legs right now to prove it.” He said taking her hand.

“I didn’t know I kicked in my sleep.” She replied.

“It’s okay, I’m used to it. When Ava has a nightmare she’ll sleep in my bed, and she’s the worst. Once she kicked me in the head!” He laughed.

Taylor broke out into a big laugh and harry just absorbed the sound. Hearing her laugh in the morning was the best wakeup call ever. He kissed her shoulder as her giggling died down. “I guess it’s been a while since I’ve shared a bed with someone.” She said softly.

“Well that makes the two of us.” He smiled. “But I like it…I like waking up this way.”

“Me too.” She said contently. They let the happy silence linger between them for a while.

“So what do you want to do today, love?” He asked.

“Is it bad if I say I just want to stay in bed?” She smiled as she continued to admire his arm tattoos. Harry loved the way she touched him. How she would so lightly run her fingers up and down his arm. It was so light and so gently but god it did so much to him. She had a bit of an infatuation with his arms and his tattoos.  

“Not at all.” He laughed too leaning in to give her a short kiss.

Taylor just smiled and closed her eyes. The moment was beyond perfect to her, she didn’t even want to speak. “Last night was fun.” She giggled when she opened her eyes back up to see his green eyes that hadn’t moved from her.

“It was.” He laughed with her.

She leaned over and connected her lips to his again. After a couple minutes of making out, Taylor rolled herself on top of him. “We can have fun this morning too.” She whispered when their lips parted.