Part 10: Welcome to the World

"Okay deep breaths, Molly. Deep breaths. You're doing great," the doctor told her.

Sherlock was holding her left hand and John was holding the other. Mycroft and Lestrade were both in surgery getting bullets removed.

"Well it looks like you're dilated 10 centimetres. You're ready to give birth. We're going to move you over to the delivery room now." the doctor said, sounding quite pleased.

Suddenly Sherlock started to hyperventilate.

"Deep breath, Sherlock. Deep breaths. You're doing great," John joked.

*A Few Moments Later in the Delivery Room*

"And here, is your baby boy," announced the Doctor as he handed the baby over to John from the cleaning table.

John walked over to Molly and let her hold him.

"Oh he's adorable! He looks just like both of you," Molly gushed as she looked up at both Sherlock and John. She continued to cradle him and look into his brillant blue eyes, unmistakably passed on from Sherlock.

She tried to pass him to Sherlock, but he was clueless as to hold his own son. So John walked over and demonstrated by cradling him with Sherlock.

"He has your eyes, Sherlock," John smiled

"He has your hair." Sherlock laughed as he couldn't believe it was real. He was holding his own son.

"Does he have a name?" Asked the doctor

Sherlock and John nodded at each other.

"Hamish Hooper Holmes-Watson," they said in unison.

Molly looked up in shock and joy and thanked them profusely. And they all cradled Hamish a bit more, until he was placed in a bed so Molly could rest. She fell fast asleep. John and Sherlock decided to take a walk around the hospital.

John blinked twice at Sherlock as they arrived at an empty hallway.

"My sister's dead, John. And I didn't even know..." Sherlock told him sadly.

John embraced him and Sherlock rested his head on his shoulder. Sherlock felt instantaneously better. Almost like he was finally back home.

"Oh god... we just left Mrs. Hudson and... Anderson and Donovan." John shook his head in disapproval. He didn't want to upset Sherlock more, but he couldn't stop thinking about it. If he ever left his men in Afghanistan he-

"It's alright. It's all going to be alright, John." Sherlock said stroking his hair.

"How do you know?"

"Because we have each other... And now we have Hamish."

They let go of their embrace and John smiled at Sherlock. Eventually, they headed back to the room to check on Molly. She was asleep and to their surprise, she had a few visitors.

"Mrs. Hudson! Donovan?" John exclaimed

"Where's Anderson?" Sherlock asked. This made everyone turn there heads to his direction and look at him in utter disbelief. Until Donovan began to speak.

"He- Um... Well I'll just explain everything. When you left, Mrs. Hudson nearly obliterated the floorboards with her hail of bullets sent over at Moriarty. Meanwhile, Anderson and I were trying to get Sebastian. I was going to move closer to Sebastian, but Anderson insisted. When he finally went ahead..."

Donovan stopped to take a break. And looked over at Mrs. Hudson to finish the rest of the story.

"Well the young man tripped on a slippery part of the floor. Moriarty seemed to spot just the boy, so he took the shot. He didn't realize that he was falling to the floor. So he shot and it hit Sebastian. Moriarty just vanished after that."

Everybody laughed, even Sherlock. And he mouthed a 'thank you' to Donovan for sticking around with Mrs. Hudson. A few minutes passed, Mycroft and Lestrade were released. Anderson joined them. They all got settled into the same room and chatted. Mycroft and Lestrade survived. Soon after Anderson and Donovan left.

"So... You two..." Sherlock asked looking between Lestrade and Mycroft

"Yes. For a few months now," Lestrade told him. Sherlock gave them a panicked expression, as he had never even suspected them to be dating. Well once Sherlock noticed Mycroft's eyes dilated when he was with Mycroft at the station. But he thought maybe it was because he had eaten the Viagra banana bread Sherlock made as a joke.

"Oh."

"How wonderful!" Mrs. Hudson remarked as she noticed how Lestrade and Mycroft were holding hands.

"So what are we going to do about Eurus? Everybody knows who she is now that it's plastered all over the papers, we can't exactly have an open ceremony. Well all know now how it may turn out..." Mycroft added

"I... I don't... I don't know, Mycroft." Sherlock mumbled as he was painfully reminded again about his sister's death. He looked down at the floor as he didn't want to look up and face the cold, harsh truth of his reality.

"Perhaps we can resolve this another time. We have to pick up Hamish, clean up the reception hall, and somebody needs to stay here with Molly." John told everyone as he noticed that Sherlock was aching from what Mycroft said. John knew that Sherlock just needed a distraction until they could get back home.

So Mrs. Hudson decided to stay with Molly. Lestrade and Mycroft decided to drive out with John, Sherlock, and Hamish to go and help.

"Well it was a lovely wedding, boys! Best wishes. And take good care of Hamish." Mrs. Hudson got up and kissed everyone on the cheeks.