IchiRuki

Ichigo’s POV

Everyday is the same. I live out of habit, everything I do is always the same. Sure I have plenty of friends but still, some days turn out super boring. I mainly just sit around doing nothing in my room. Nothing interests me at all. I tend to get into fights a lot because of my orange hair. Seems like a stupid reason to beat up a guy but they do it anyway. Some people ask me why I don’t just color it black or something so they’d stop it, to be honest it’s the only thing I inherited from my mom not to mention it would be a pain to color my hair. The color is fine just the way it is besides, I can take down those losers without breaking a sweat. I know I sound pretty cocky but it’s the truth. Ask any of my classmates and they’ll all tell you the same thing I just told you. Though being strong isn’t all it’s cracked up to be, different clubs keep hounding me to join them. As a result I decided to make use of them, we’re on our last year of high school so in exchange for joining a club, I get paid a certain amount for 1 week. I know it sounds kinda shady but my dad isn’t the type to lend money to his son. I also have a part time job but I skip out on it a whole lot so my boss is always yelling at me. Today, we’re supposedly getting a new transfer student. It’s been the talk of the school but I don’t really see what all the fuss is about. It’s just a new student, no one famous just a normal student like the rest of us. At least my class will be the first ones to find out who this person is. I just want to know if this guy was worth all the commotion or not. The bell finally rang and our homeroom teacher came in.

“Good morning class. As you may know, we’re getting a new face today. Please come in.”

“Hello there. My name is Rukia Kuchiki. It’s a pleasure to meet all of you.”

Man, I thought it was going to be a dude but this chick is kinda cute. I’ve never seen her around town before, maybe she’s new in the neighborhood or something. As luck would have it, she got the vacant seat right beside me.

“Mr.Kurosaki”

“Huh? Yes sir?”

“For now you’ll be Ms. Kuchiki’s escort. Show her around the school so she’ll be familiarized with the layout.”

“Yes sir.”

Well what are the chances of that? Probably because I sit next to her. Not because I’m some hot shot or reliable person. I would’ve thought he’d choose Orihime or Uryu or maybe even Toshiro, he is the class rep after all. But I’m not really complaining, I doubt this’ll be totally boring. After classes, I was going to show Rukia around but before that Toshiro gave me a warning telling me not to do anything to cause her harm. He’s always like that, he looks like an elementary student though. Rangiku is his the class rep for the girls and continuously attacks Toshiro with hugs. It must be hard for him though because of Rangiku’s chest, one day she might just suffocate him. I feel sorry for the guy.

“Ummm, Ichigo?” Rukia said

“What is it?” I replied

“Well, you seem kind of distracted. I’m sorry you’re forced to do this on my behalf. Look, you don’t have to do it if you don’t want to.”

“Wha-? No, it’s fine really. I don’t mind at all.”

I showed her around the school and told her about the school but I couldn’t help but notice Orihime following us no matter where we went. It was kind of creepy, I wonder if she’s stalking me or the new kid. Either way if she wants to come along I wish she’d just say so.

“Orihime, I know you’re there. If you want to join us while I give Rukia a tour of the school you’re welcome to join us.” I said.

“Oh! Ummm, yeah but I uhh…. Have some stuff to do. Yeah some stuff. So see you guys tomorrow.” Orhime said.  She ran out of here like a bat out of hell.

“Is there something wrong with her?” Rukia asked.

“She’s always like that. Don’t worry you’ll get used to it.”

“I see. This place is full of unusual people. I think school here will be quite interesting.”

“Really? For me this is pretty normal. Anyway I guess I’ve dragged you around the whole school already so if you need anything, feel free to ask me alright?”

“Sure, thank you Ichigo.”

“It’s no problem at all.”

I was going to walk her home when a big fancy car pulled up and it took her home. I never would’ve guessed that she was a rich kid. I guess every once in a while you finally get a surprise thrown in your face. Though with her around, I don’t think I’ll have a dull moment anymore.