What about me?

"Are you sure?" I sighed.

"Of course I am, this is a really important event. You've got to behave yourself." Mom said in a stern voice. "I still don't get it.Number one, If its really that important then why don't you guys go for yourself....I mean why bother me. Number two, I do behave myself, okay?" I reasoned myself.

" Honey, Remember when you dragged me into that soccer game and I had to go with you after cancelling my meeting with Mr.Jones? You could have gone all by yourself. Why bother me? Now hurry up and get dressed. I don't want delay"

"But...."

"No ifs and buts now..."

"Mom"

"Hurry up. You have 15 minutes."

And BANG went the door. I sighed. No one can win an argument with mom. And I hate that. Now when my friends will have this

great after-exams party I will be stuck in this boring function which the elders call a party.

Hi, I'm Selena and I'm sixteen and in tenth grade ( hopefully not, 'coz I just gave my semester exams.)

And currently I'm sick of my life. You know how pissed off the exams make you. And me and my friend, Shirin did all we could to go to this party which was being hosted by Samar, our class hottie and WE worked really hard just to get invited.

So our happiness knew no bounds when one fine day I get an invite to Samar's beach house party in Juhu on 23rd March 2013. But no, fate had other plans for me.

And here I am calling up Shireen to cancel my programme and go enjoy the party. Enjoy.
That's what I wanted to do tonight.
That's what I'm not doing tonight.

I took out my black LBD by Elle and teamed it up with a pearl necklace. Dress done. Hair? Just needs a little brushing and makeup? Nah! It's a boring function for God's sake, Selena!

"Selenaaaaa....." mom shouted from downstairs.

Are 15 minutes over already?

"Coming, mom."

Though rushing down the stairs in a 4 inch heel wasn't the best option, I had to opt for it to see my mom's volcanic temper subside.

I quickly got into the car and my mom sat right there staring at me for a whole minute. "You look nice, for a change." She smiled making me smile. She hit the pedal and that was the last blow which made my realise that

"This, is gonna be a long night."

What about me?

"Mom, are you serious? Because I'm not. I clearly am gonna get BORED here. This is no place for me to be." I whined.

"No, can do. I'll try my best to wrap up fast and maybe we can go home early." Mom looked into my eyes and tried to consolidate me but

CAUTION....MOM ALERT : Whenever Mom showcases this look and tells that she'll wrap up soon please intercept the word soon as 2-3 unperturbed hours. Yeah, if this is soon I don't know what late is.