1 - He Disappeared

A brown haired boy sat at the end of a hospital bed, surprisingly cold. As the nurse looked at his hand his mind was spinning. "Well, it looks to be all healed now," she said as she rolled her chair towards the desk.

"Well that's good," the boy laughed nervously.

"I noticed that your hair is brown now, and my mind is begging me to ask why" She replied while typing away on her computer.

"I just wanted to blend in again, I guess." He said quietly, staring at the worn out converse sneakers that his Aunt Hermione had given him after he went through a particularly hard year at school.

"Oh, 'tis a shame, I liked the pink."

"Maybe someday I'll dye it again."

"I hope you do, you're smile was bigger back then." The nurse cleared her throat. "Anyway, you can be on your way whenever you'd like."

"Yeah, I should probably get home soon anyway." He hopped down and walked over to the door. "Have a nice night," he said on the way out.

Before exiting the building he pulled his My Chemical Romance hoodie out of his backpack, along with his beanie. After all, was situated he pulled his backpack onto his shoulders. He walked through the torn up parking lot, but after arriving at the sidewalk he popped onto his skateboard.

As much as he was happy with his converse, he was also ecstatic about his skateboard. When he had purchased it, it had had a snake in the Slytherin colors, but Andromeda allowed his to sand down the paint and repaint it if he wished. Of course, he did, painting it with alternating yellow and black stripes idolizing the proud Hufflepuff that he is. About a week after, he decided that it wasn't enough. He got his muggle friend to design him a graffitied version of the word "Hufflepunk."

It took some explaining why he is punk and not emo, despite the converse and MCR merchandise. But also some lying as to avoid telling him where the term came from. "It's like that dance move from the early 70's. Like in that John Travolta movie."

"Ed, c'mon. You know that it's the hustle. Why can't you just tell me what it really is?" Teddy stayed silent, he didn't know what he was supposed to say in this situation. "Whatever dude, I'll do it. I just wish that you'd trust me."

"Teddy, can you be a dear and go up to the attic to find the china?" Hermione asked. Teddy nodded, slipped on his earbuds, and started up the stairs. Once in the attic, he stood in the middle and glanced at the box labels. Marriage. Baby Stuff. First Apartment. And so on. He hunted for about two minutes before coming across a box labeled China. He hoisted the box and started towards the exit.

One last look before turning out the light. Hermione's Wizard Stuff. Hermione's Wizard Stuff? He set the box on a stack next to it. As a third year, Teddy could only recognize some of the books and objects. One of which he was unfamiliar with, was seemingly calling out to him. It looked to just be an ordinary sand timer but he knew it had to be much more than that. He stuffed it in his pocket to ask Hermione about later and began to bring the box downstairs.

"Thank you," She said as he sat the box on the table. "Ron, can you be a dear and bring over the stewed carrots?" she asked. Then waiting for a response, "Ron?" She turned around from cutting the chicken to look at the stove where Ronald Weasley should have been. It was just a pot and an enchanted spoon to continue stirring. "This was supposed to be a no magic dinner..." She muttered under her breath.

"I'll get it."

"Thank you."

Once he brought over the pot, she emptied the water, and once again got to work. Teddy grabbed a stool from the opposite side of the table and pulled out the object he'd found upstairs. She looked up when a beam of sunlight hit her eye. "What is that you're holding?"

"Oh, I don't know. I found it with your things and I wanted to ask you about it." He replied. He started fiddling with the rings around it, not knowing of the danger.

"Just put it down, for now, I'll tell you during dinner. I'm kind of busy now that Ron has dropped out of the process." She said to Teddy. "God, where is that boy? I swear, sometimes he's just like he was back at Hogwarts." She sighed. "RONALD!" she called out, half not expecting an answer.

Teddy's head began to spiral, wondering what Hermione was like when she went to Hogwarts. Was she always this attentive to everything, or was she completely different, a slacker? What was Ron or Harry like? What was mom like? As anxiety filled my head more and more, he continued fidgeting with the object.

But when he stopped. He disappeared.