01;

"What a dump."

Callie sighed as she parked her car in the lot of a motel called The Dew Drop Inn. She grabbed her purse from the passenger's seat and tucked her pistol into the back of her jeans before getting out of the car and heading towards the room with the number the older Gecko brother had given her on the phone. Once she reached the room, she knocked three times at the door, a faint smirk on her lips.

"Room service!" She called, her voice sing-songy.

She heard a couple of locks being undone before a scruffy looking man peeked his head out of the door. As soon as he realized it was who he had called for, he opened the door all the way and let her inside.

"Nice to see you too, Gecko." Callie said, tossing her purse onto the table that was in the middle of the room, next to some trash from a burger place.

"Is that the place Richie likes? Big Kahuna Burger, right? I remember that food being terrible."

"Never mind that, are you going to help us or not?" Seth questioned, his brows furrowing as he spoke.

"What exactly am I helping you with? You didn't seem to want to reveal that while I was on the phone with you." She crossed her arms over her chest, looking around the room.

"Look, we've got an issue. We need to get across the border but we don't have a mode of transportation. Our names and faces have to be plastered everywhere by now; there's no way we're getting across without some kind of plan."

Just as Callie was about to speak, the younger Gecko stepped out of what seemed to be the bedroom, quickly closing the door behind him as he saw her.

"Richie." She greeted.

"Callie." He responded, quickly looking her up and down before sitting at the table in the middle of the room.

"I can't give you a cover, police know who I am. I'm not about to go to jail again for you two." Callie said, her tone slightly angry.

"Great, that's just great." Seth said, pinching the bridge of his nose. "I'm going for a walk."

"See ya." She responded as Seth walked out the front door, shutting it tightly behind him.

The blonde sat down on the couch before looking in Richie's direction, only to find he was already looking at her.

"Like what you see?" Callie raised her eyebrows, a smirk tugging at her lips.

"Yeah, sure." He responded nonchalantly, glancing towards the bedroom door. Callie suddenly got a whiff of something horrible, like death— although she knew the smell quite well, she would never get used to it.

"Shit, Richie. Who died in there?" She meant this to be a joke, but by the look on the younger Gecko's face, it seemed to be closer to the truth than she had hoped. Callie gave Richie a concerned look before standing up and walking over to the bedroom door. She reached for the handle, but Richie grabbed her arm before she had touched it.

"Don't."  His brows were furrowed and though that wasn't far off from his resting facial expression, Callie could tell that there was something in that room he didn't want her to see. She pulled her arm from his grasp, sitting back down on the couch. "I heard you were living out in the woods or some shit." Callie said, in attempt to draw Richie's attention away from whatever was behind that door. "You haven't gone soft, have you?"

"No." He scoffed, slightly offended at her words. "When was the last time you pulled a job, Callie? Maybe it's you who's gone soft."

She looked in his direction, narrowing her eyes, "At least I'm not crazy."

"Don't call me that." He responded quickly, barely letting her finish her sentence. Callie rolled her eyes and got up once more, this time grabbing her purse and heading towards the door. "I'm going to find Seth."

"You shouldn't call people stuff, you know. It's rude." Richie called after her, his eyebrows raising.

She waved at him as she walked away, "Bye-bye, Richard!"

Closing the door behind her, she meandered around for a bit before she found Seth at the motel's bar. She pulled out a chair and sat next to him, sighing.

"I think there's something wrong with him." She told Seth, her eyes finding his. "He's not the same."

Seth didn't need Callie to tell him— he already knew. Something had been up with his brother since the bank and he had no idea what to do about it. He nodded slowly, downing the rest of his beverage. "I'm aware, but thanks for the info."

A slight scoff escaped the girl's lips. He was even more infuriating than she remembered. "I'm not joking Seth."

Although she was in the presence of two of the most wanted criminals in America, she had never been intimidated by them. Over the years, they'd have their disagreements, but she trusted the Geckos more than anyone in the world; she knew they had her back, and she had theirs. In some ways, she was more dangerous than them.

Seth ignored whatever it was that Callie said and stood up, almost storming out of the bar. The blonde sighed once more, following him outside, just in time to see him almost get hit by an RV. He seemed to make eye contact with someone in the vehicle before taking a swig of what was in the bottle in his hand and walking away.

Soon enough, Callie found herself back at the motel the brothers were staying at. When she walked in, Seth was excitedly talking to Richard about who knows what.

"What's happening?" She asked, shutting the front door behind her.

The Geckos looked over at her in unison. Seth rushed over to her and grabbed her by her shoulders, looking her in the eyes.

"I found our way across the border."
__________

A/N:

I hope you all liked the first chapter! It's my first time writing for a while so I'm hoping it's decent. Anyway, don't forget to comment and/or vote so I can see what everyone thought of this so far! Also, I apologize in advance for any errors I may have made regarding plot and lines certain characters are supposed to have, I tried my best!

:)