Just a Movie

I am sure you would be scared if you had just finished watching a movie about zombies, and then heard your brother yawn. Well, I hope I am not the only one who loves zombie movies, even though I get scared easily. Maybe I should stop watching that kind of stuff. No, I could never abandon my love for zombies; it may be weird, but zombies just amaze me.

Anyway, I saw an arm swing back and forth, missing the metal post in front of my house by an inch. Furrowing my eyebrows, I stared at it intently, waiting for it to get closer. As soon as I saw what it was, I ran to the bathroom, locking the bathroom door in the process. I listened carefully, wanting to make sure I was safe for a while.

Knocking interrupted my train of thought. My heart began pick up pace, like it was at a track meet. I let out a breath, trying to contain my fear. I had to calm down, and then go warn my family.

Once I was calm, I quietly opened the door, and then let my eyes wander around the room. There were no zombies in the house, but I could hear banging on the door. I shook my head, clearing my thoughts, then I scurried to my brothers room.

"Dylan, wake up," I whispered, shaking his arm.

He hummed in response, not fully awake. I let out a low groan, and then poked his face with my index finger. Dylan sat up, glaring at me, not liking the fact that I woke him up from his peaceful sleep.

"What do you want, Kara?" Dylan questioned.

I sighed, sitting next to him. "I'm scared, Dill." He furrowed his eyebrows, clearly confused.

"Zombies," I said.

Dylan let out a laugh, and then smacked my arm. "You woke me up to mess with me?"

I glared at him, wanting to slap him as hard as I could. Grabbing his arm, I dragged him to the bedroom door, and then opened it. He was about to talk, but I covered his mouth, and pointed to the front door.

"Who is that, Kar?" Dylan asked.

I sighed. "That's a damn zombie, Dylan," I exclaimed, flicking his ear.

He let out a slight yelp, making the zombie grunt louder and bang on the door harder, desperately trying to get in the house.

Dylan turned to me, gaping at what I had just told him. "No way," he whispered. I raised my eyebrows and nodded my head, telling him that it was a zombie.

"That's so cool," he said, smiling.

I shook my head at the idiot, and then punched his side.

"Stupid, they eat us," I exclaimed.

He shrugged his shoulders. "I just never thought that they would actually happen," Dylan said, staring at the zombie. I sighed, nodding my head, knowing exactly how he felt.

We decided to go to our parents and tell them about it because we needed to live for at least a few hours. Dylan and I didn't want to be one of the first families to turn.

"Mom, wake up," I whispered, poking her arm.

Dylan was on the other side of my bed, waking my dad up.

"What, Dylan," my dad questioned.

Dylan sat on the bed, and the. Began explaining everything. My dad didn't laugh or get mad at us; he just sat there, taking it all in. My mom sat up and looked out the window, eyeing the zombie.

"We need to leave," she said.

Dylan and I went straight to our rooms, packing what we could. Our parents packed clothes and food. As soon as I finished getting all my clothes into my bag, I went to the bathroom, and then started grabbing what we would need from there.

Once we finished, we looked out the window to make sure we could get to the car. There was only one zombie outside, so we could get away easily. We all huddled around the door, discussing the plan.

My brother ran straight to his room, waiting for the signal from my father. After staring at the zombie for a while, my dad whistled, and then my brother started banging on his window. The zombie turned to the side, and then limped towards my brother's room.

My mother grabbed all of our bags, and then ran out the door. The rest of us followed her, making sure the zombie didn't see us.

We were scared, but we couldn't let that slow us down. We all wanted to survive, and we planned on doing that. Backing down wasn't an option for us. Hell, sleeping wasn't an option. Well, we could still sleep, but two of us had to stay up and keep watch.

This is just the beginning of our journey.