Chapter 4: Creatures Of The Dark

Chapter 4

"So, you are a fake?" I asked, getting up.

"I'm not a 'fake'!" the replica said. "I don't care if you're real! You're not better! We share the same body and same talents. But there is one easy way to tell us apart, though." he pointed at Riku, "Unlike you... I fear nothing."

Riku got mad, "Are you calling me a coward?"

"Like your girlfriend there, you're afraid of the dark!" I growled at him. "The darkness inside you still frightens you, no matter what you say or do."

"I..." Riku growled and looked away.

"I'm not afraid!" I stepped up.

"Oh, please..." the replica rolled his eyes, "Don't waste your breath. But I'M different. I embrace the darkness. I can make it do whatever I want." he changed into Riku's dark body suit and resummoned his sword. Riku held me behind him.

"Piri, get somewhere safe." he whispered.

"But-"

"Remember, you have a baby... I won't let anything happen to you or her." he summoned his sword, "I got this."

"Aw, adorable..." he got in his fighting stance. "But I'll wipe the floor with you!"

He charged forward and I jumped away. I watched the two fight and felt like I needed to throw up again. I looked around frantically and found a unused pot. Perfect. I throw up in that and put it in a corner. I wiped my mouth and looked back at the two silvers fighting. I couldn't tell which one was my Riku- both of them were using darkness. I gasped. One of the Riku's slashed the other and that one was sent backward. He knelt down panting.

"Hey, Fake." one said. That had to be mine. "I thought you said you were going to wipe the floor with me."

"Hmph, don't forget, I'm still new at this. I'll get stronger and stronger!" I walked up to Riku. "The next time we fight, you're finished."

"Then let's fight now!" he ran and attempted to do a jump strike but the replica's darkness flung him back.

"Riku!" I ran to his side and that bastard laughed.

"It's nice having darkness on my side. You two are SO missing out."

"Well, maybe that's a good thing!" I shouted to him, glaring. Riku tried to sit up but was struggling to. I healed him.

"How could you be scared of something so thrilling?" he asked.

"Enough!" Riku growled.

"Oh, so you're playing tough guy, now? So long, real thing. Hope you don't miss me." he ran towards the steps ahead.

"Come back!" Riku got up but it was too late. He tsked, "No way... I'm not afraid. I'm not a coward!"

"Riku, don't let him get to you." I stood up. "I know you're strong and brave."

He turned to me, "I'm glad you're okay!"

I giggled, "Never been better... now that I'm here with you. So, what should we do now?"

"We need to pursuit that replica!" he said and I nodded. We ran carefully up the stairs and got to the next floor. "Come out! Show yourself, Fake!"