Chapter Three

---------------------------------------------

Chapter III

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Issen opens his eyes slowly. He tries to sit up but feels a sharp pain in his head. He grits his teeth and lays his head back agains the cool ground. He feels rough stone beneath him and looks around the room as much as he can. He realizes that he's in a cave, but he's never been in this cave before. He try's to stand up again and notices that the pain is gone.

'Nasty headache' he thinks, looking around again. 'Now where am I?'

He sees a doorway leading out of the empty room and gets up to go through it. He looks around the smooth stone of the doorway and looks out into the main part of the cave. He follows the tunnel, not knowing where else to go. He wanders around in the dark for a while before coming across another room. After cautiously poking his head in and seeing nothing, he shrugs and walks inside.

He walks through the room and into another. Small streams of flowing, purple gas move throughout the room, some of it in thick strings and some if it in spread out clumps. All of the gas-like substances move around the center of the room, where a massive amount of energy radiates from. Issen feels drawn to the center, to the twisting and moving shape before him. He takes a step forward and before he realizes it, he's almost to the center. Now that he's closer, he can see the liquid-like center swirling around. He reaches out to touch it and as he does the purple gas starts to swirl closer to him. All of the sudden all of the gas-like matter slams into him, almost knocking him out. At the same time, the liquid-like core curls up his arm and around the rest if his body, covering him in spirals of the matter. It seems to melt through his skin and he absorbs it, sending a tingling sensation through his body. The last thing he feels before everything goes black is a warmth spreading through his body.