Prologue

PROLOGUE

His arms felt heavy.

He tried to stand but his body refused, shooting jolts of pain through his body. A low groan emitted from his lips. He forced his eyes open and looked around. His body was lying hopelessly between two boulders, his arms wedged underneath himself. Thats why they were heavy. He sarcastically stated in his mind and he laughed dryly at his own stupidity.

He looked down to his throbbing knee and saw the blood seeping thrugh the fabric. He pressed his hands against the ground and pushed himself up slowly, trying not to graze his sides against the rough surface of the boulders.

Eventually he had pushed himself up completely and was working pushing the boulders away. He gave up after moving them about two inches away, but it gave him enough room to stand up and lean against one of the boulders. Rolling the right trouser leg, he got out his canteen that was half filled with mountain spring water. He splashed the water over the wound and tore off a piece of his shirt sleeve to clean up the blood. He then tore another piece of his shirt off to bandage his knee.

He clipped the canteen back to his belt and tried to limp away from the rocks, before his knee buckled and he collapsed. A soft chuckle was heard from behind him and then he heard footsteps. Soon two black heeled lace up boots were in his vision. He could just see a ends of a blood red skirt. "What's this? A hunter? Wounded in my domain?" A cold feminine voice taunted. "This must be my lucky day."