Chapter 8- Brothers' Quarrel

Ladybug/ Marinette POV
I'm still kind of shook that Adrien is Chat Noir. It puts me at more ease. Chat was starting to worm his way into my heart, but he already had it. My whole heart.
"What were you saying before, bugaboo?" He asks me.
"What-oh you mean...NOW IS NOT THE TIME to flirt Chat," I blush heavily, knowing that came from Adrien as well. Chat already made me blush before once, but now darn, that cat.

"SHHH!!!" Emma looks mad at us. Chat raises his hands in defeat, making me giggle.
"Is this..?" I ask, looking around at the dark room.
"It's under our house. Adrien, do you remember your father inviting a couple of our friends to the house almost everyday?" He nods, his cat ears twitching.
"I thought dad wanted to impress those people so he could expand his business," Chat replies.

"They were actually a part of our secret team of superheroes. We never went into battle in public, we made sure to keep it under control and private. There was a much greater evil in those times, but now it has calmed down. We are in a state of peace, but if Hugo decides to cause destruction, it may be the end of humanity altogether," Mrs. Agreste explains, making my eyes widen with fear.

We observe the scene. A boy about the same height and build as Louise stands in front of the giant window, looking out at the view, visibly angry. We see a couple in a cage, supposedly our future selves were trapped.
"Stop this, Hugo," I hear myself say. It is weird, hearing my voice come out of someone else's mouth. It sounded a little older, and I know immediately who else is in that cage.
"No, I won't mom! You have been telling me what to do my whole life, but I'm an adult now! And I choose to keep you here and plot how to destroy Louise for once and all..." My older version sinks her head into the ground. An Adrien in distress has a sad expression on his face. He also looks angry.
"Listen to your mother! This isn't right and you know it. You kidnapped your own parents! You have no right to hurt us," he seems to hug me, holding me close to him as the floor of the cage grows colder. I glance in awe. He seems  to love me, even after what is so many years.

"That's it. Let's help them," Chat is half running before his mom pulls his tail and yanks him to the ground next to her.
"Before that, we need to think of a good plan. We can't just charge in," she has a good point.
"Mother-in-law, you can help Emma. Emma, distract Hugo, and Adrien-or Chat can use Cataclysm to break the cage and I can try talking to him. He hopefully won't know it's me and I think I should detransform for this," I say, getting nods from everyone. Adrien has a look of worry in his eyes. Instead of agreeing, he seemed against it.

"Talking...to someone with a half of the power of combined miraculous and natural evil inside them. You think that's a good idea?" He asks me.
"Tikki, spots off," I breathe in deeply, afraid of what might come. Emma and Mrs. Agreste don't try to stop me, so I sense they agree with my plan. Adrien, on the other hand, kept on trying to run from his mom but was restrained nonetheless. Darn, that lady is strong.
I start walking out of our hiding spot. The older version of me and Adrien see me. They start gripping the bars, telling me to go back quietly.

"Hugo. Please..." I quietly tell him.
"What?! Who let a civilian girl enter in here? Stupid guards. More importantly, why are you here?" He sounds so scary, and intimidating but he's my son. He's nothing like what I would've imagined. I thought Hugo would be the most fragile and appear to be the weakest of them all but eventually proves his worth. Right now, Emma may be the weakest and all of the goals I made up seem to be null. Hugo is as strong as Louise and a lot stronger than Emma. She keeps saying that, but I feel like there's something missing. Somethings she's hiding. Oh right, I forgot. She's the only one who can stop this. I inhale deeply.
"I'm just a friend. I want to tell you it's time to call it quits. It isn't worth fighting with your brother if one of you is going to end up dead," I move closer to him, and I see he has blue eyes instead of green. That's rare. Most twins have every detail down to the bone. These twins have different eye colors. Hugo's eyes glow in the dark.

"Okay, I have no idea who you are but let's get one thing straight. My brother is the one who's going to end up dead, and I will take over the world. After all, it's in my genes. I will prevail, because evil is the ultimate winner," I move closer, as he backs up against the wall. I can tell he thinks I am a threat.
"Why are you scared of me, then?" I challenge him, daringly.
"I'm n-not! My body has never done this before! I'm not scared, I swear! It's...I don't know," his face glistens with sweat as he clenches his fists and steps forward.
"Emma," I call her out. She reluctantly walks over to me and stands with confidence.

"Emma? Is this your friend? Did you invite her because you think I'm cool? I'm flattered, really, but I have a policy on unregistered visitors," his mood changes so drastically as he turns to his sister, that I stiffen up a little. He is like I thought he would be, after all.
"No. She is family. And you are too, so for the last time let this go. This fight is immature and if you don't even face him in the first place, it's not going to end," her words startle him for a moment and then he regains his composure.
"We went over this, Em! I won't stop fighting until he's dead. If I destroy, he will just fix it with his powers of creation. I need to get rid of that aspect because there's no point in destroying it in the first place!" To my surprise, Emma chuckles a little.
"That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard," I step back, opening my purse and ready for action.
"You think you're so hot, fighting with me thinking you won't be touched. Well how about a little flame for you? Let's see if you can beat the heat!" He throws a flame that emerges from his hand. It barely misses Emma, and I dodge it very fast. As soon as that happens, what comes next is a blur. Chat Noir springs to action and grabs me, gently picking me up and putting me in a safe spot to transform.
"You know what to do, Princess. I trust you," he smiles at me and my heart melts into a puddle of goo.
"Tikki, spots on," I slowly tell her as she comes out. Adrien is already trying to fight him. I watch as he tries to fight Hugo. Emma aims her powers at the floor but nothing happens. I see him grab Chat's baton. Until it crumbles into dust. He flashes a wicked smile.
_________________
Chat Noir/Adrien POV
I watch as my baton crumbles to dust. I see a black power glowing from his hand. It looks like my Cataclysm. Actually, I think it is my Cataclysm if it was unlimited. There has to be a weakness. Destroy the root.
"Lucky Charm!" My lady calls from the side. I don't know what Emma was doing but suddenly, a huge root grows through the floor.
"What's happening? What did you do?!" I scream, as she concentrates.
"Relax, she's trying to help. You can do it, Em!" My older self cheers her on. I'm more worried for her than my future self. She doesn't stop and Hugo is distracted. I run towards Marinette, and she holds a fire extinguisher in her hand.

"Very funny, Buginette. It's been 5 minutes since he last pulled the fire trick over our heads," she smiles mischievously.
"Yeah, but he didn't see me yet. You can fight and I'll put out any fires. Your mom can-" we see my mom sneaking towards the cage and freeing us (our future selves).
"Nevermind," she says and we leap into action. Hugo starts the fire again but Marinette quickly extinguishes it.
"Chat Noir? I didn't see you clearly but now I know. The miraculous has chosen two new holders! Yes, my parents are powerless!" Hugo looks at the now empty cage and I grin at Ladybug. There stood none other then the transformed Ladybug and Chat Noir standing in power poses and getting ready to fight alongside themselves (us).