FOUR

Casey Roberts 

"Did he just...phone you to apologise...?" Leah asked with her eyes wide. I couldn't blame her. I was shocked too. I nodded, unable to say a word. "Woah..." She muttered. "Maybe he feels really guilty because he has a crush on you..." That broke me out of my shocked state. 

"A crush...really? What goes through your mind, girl?" I replied to her. She giggled and rolled her eyes.

"You never know...Maybe he fancies you and just hasn't realised..." She said as she walked to her mirror and tied up her shoulder length hair. "Then again...maybe that's the situation with you too..." She looked at me through the mirror. I grabbed a pillow and threw it, causing her to dodge to the left.

"There's no way in hell that I fancy Daniel Stone. I would rather poke pins in my eyes." I said slowly. Making sure she understood and never brought up the topic again. She rolled her eyes.

"Jeez woman!" She muttered, picking up her pillow. "You're really defensive about this. That only proves my point more..." I sighed and lay back on her bed in defeat.

"There's no point arguing about this. I bet you anything that his mates made him apologise." I said to her.

"Y'know..." She mumbled quietly, "I have something to tell you..." This perked my interest.

"You don't fancy Daniel...do you?"

"No! No! No way!" She shouted, shaking her head and hands. I sighed in relief.

"Then what is it?" I asked. She looked down.

"Don't hate me..." I looked at her curiously. I watched her fiddle with her fingers, taking small glances at me.

"I'm sort of dating...Arran...Daniel's best friend..." She whispered, a blush forming on her cheeks. My jaw dropped in shock as I stared at her.

"What...?" I said, stupidly. She rolled her eyes and smiled weakly. "For how long?"

"Well, it's been...a month..." Again, there was silence. I didn't know what to say. I was offended that she didn't tell me sooner, we were best friends. But then again, I was happy for her. She deserved to be happy. But with Arran? I wasn't so sure about that. I thought he was a player, just like his asshole of a best friend.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I asked. She sighed and sat on the bed next to me.

"I didn't know how you would react. He's Daniel's best friend..." She said, looking at her bed sheets. Her hands were still fiddling with each other nervously.

"But...isn't he a player?" I was sure that he was an ass like Daniel. But if he was then why was Leah wasting her time with him. She hated players and show offs. She was too smart and mature not to fall for idiots like that.

"Well...he used to be..." She said, finally looking into my eyes. I was still confused. She really trusted a guy, who used to be a player, not to go back to his old ways and break hearts? If I were her, I would never trust him. Heck, I wouldn't trust ANY player. How would you know if they cheated behind your back? I would want a guy to be faithful, kind, smart and sensible. The complete opposite of players. Especially Daniel Stone.

"So...he's not now?" I replied. She bit her lip and nodded, smiling. A blush was still evident on her cheeks, and her eyes sparkled with happiness. I had never seen her like this. She looked like someone who was in love. "Daniel doesn't know, does he?" I asked, already knowing the answer. Her smile faded.

"Er...no. He doesn't..." She said sadly. I nodded in understanding. If Daniel knew then he would flip. I wanted to cheer her up again so I carried on the conversation of her and Arran.