six

donghan regretted telling kenta that he was neighbors with taehyun. 

everyone knew where taehyun lived. 

and now kenta was walking by his house.

and donghan happened to be on his steps, playing on his phone.

kenta waved and smiled, donghan returned the smile. nothing special about this interaction.

but then, kenta stopped walking. 

"have you thought about if you know anyone who is against taehyun yet?" kenta yelled across the yard to donghan, still smiling.

donghan ignored the dizzy feeling he got upon seeing the boy's crooked smile.

he got up and jogged to where kenta was stood.

"no updates. like i said, everyone likes taehyun. doesn't everyone have a sign for him in their yard at this point?"

kenta took note of the noh taehyun sign in donghan's front yard. 

donghan cocked his head like a confused puppy.

"why are you asking me this anyways?" he asked.

kenta sighed.

maybe it wasn't him after all?

no, it had to be.

"someone has been stealing my taehyun signs every time i put one up," kenta explained.

"shouldn't you be at home keeping an eye out then?"

"uh i- yeah"

"do you want me to go see if it's still there with you?" donghan asked, smiling politely. 

kenta hesitantly nodded.

they walked in silence until they reached kenta's house, which still had a taehyun sign standing proudly at the front of the yard.

"wow, i'm surprised it wasn't snatched in the time it took to walk by yours and back," kenta laughed, watching donghan's body language closely. "sorry for dragging you back here for nothing"

donghan put his hand on kenta's shoulder.

"it's fine. i don't mind," donghan assured. "it might be the wind? it's been quite strong lately"

kenta nodded.

"your eyes are really pretty, by the way. i know you probably see them as just plain brown like i do mine, but they're really beautiful," donghan commented.

kenta's heart did some sort of flippy over thing and he really hoped this coversation would end soon because he felt like he was going to vomit. 

"t-thank you," kenta stuttered.

donghan started to walk back to his house, waving.

"if you see something beautiful in someone, speak it!" donghan called as he left.

kenta needed to vomit out the butterflies in his stomach. that was what was most definitely happening.