Chapter 1 - A New Begining

Regina stood watching the beam as light sail toward her chest as if slow motion. she tried to step away, as it shot straight toward her chest. She was so slow! So damn slow! To slow to even do anything. But robin wasn't. He jumped in front of the crystal Regina knew what would happen next. Either way, she swiveled her head In search of Zelena. But the ray hit robin and-

She woke up with a a scream. "hey, hey, whats wrong, it ok it'll be okay." robins soothing voice reached to her through the images of pain and terror. "hey, hey, I know, its okay, you saved me remember?" Regina couldn't do anything but nod. "Alright now go back to sleep. we cant have you looking like this tomorrow in front of the whole town now, can we?" she knew robin was right, but she had to ask. "robin?' her voice was tentative. "What if it doesn't work?" "oh Regina, of course it'll work. It'll al be fine. trust me." And in that moment, she did. she trusted him with everything and anything. "I just hope that i'm not to heavy a burden to carry" she whispered in the dark. but when robin flipped over to answer, she was already asleep.

- - -

Regina ran her hands through her hair again. "Yikes. That's quite a crowd" Emma whispered to Snow "Not helping!" Regina quietly growled at her. "Hey, hey, all good, all good. Remember, were just as nervous as you" Emma reminded her. To be fair, It was true. Emma had butterflies in her stomach, and she felt like she was going to throw up. Her speech wasn't quite as important as Regina's, but it was pretty high up there. so was Snows. And Zelena's. Speaking of which, Emma turned her gaze away from Regina, and behind her, to Zelena. She looked even more nervous than Regina (if that was possible) "You alright?" To be fair, Zelena's speech might even be more important. Honestly, who's to judge? Zelena needed the people to accept her. Regina kept assuring her it would be fine, but it didn't really feel sincere from someone who looked just as nervous. The crowd finally quieted down, and settled into their seats. It was time for Regina to speak.

"Alright" Regina started. "I have multiple things I need to adres today. First and foremost, We need to get this town into working order. We have. a sheriff, but not much else Snow, or as some of you know her, Mary Margret will be starting up the school as the new principle. She will be inviting teachers to come teach, but any volunteers would be welcome. " A few people raised their hands and Regina jotted their names down on a piece of paper. "Next, we need volunteers for some people with magic to help us figure out the border of the town. i'm already working with Emma and Zelena, But any more magical volunteer would be appreciated" Murmurs followed. Regina ignored them, but Zelena clenched her hands. A few more hands went up. "Thank you. Also Belle asked me to tell you guys that she needs volunteers for the library, but she wants them to talk to her personaly. And now, for the most important matter for today, I am resigning" It started with murmurs but turned to shouts by the time Regina manged to calm them down. "Don't worry, I have been planing for this for some time now." This brought out a new wave of shouts "I want to give you a fair election. I was mayor just because I cast the curse, and i think that's unfair. Not to me, but to you. All of you. So I have two candidates. Number 1 Emma" Applause sounded through  the room. "And number 2, Zelena" Dead silence. "now, I know what you may be thinking. But she's Evil! Wicked! But no. She changed just like I did. And you gave me a second chance. Give her a second chance. Listen to her, hear her out, and then decide to hear her out. We will hold the election in 3 months, in November. Thank you. Any Questions?" nobody raised their hands, and Regina walked of stage.

Zelena's ears were ringing while she read her speech, not really doing anythings just mindlessly reading words of the page. she stepped back from center stage and let Emma through. Then Snow was done making her speech, and suddenly it was over, and Zelena was at home, in bed and asleep. The next morning she woke to a soft knock on the door. She picked up a her crying daughter, Riley (since Robin is alive) and opened the door, to see her sister standing there. "What do you want?!" she snapped, sharper then she meant. Regina didn't physically recoil, but Zelena noticed the look that briefly flashed on her face. Not anger. No, this was something more like sad understanding. it was almost worse. "Sorry" She said quickly. "No, no, I understand. I was just like that you know?" "Really?" Zelena asked. "Could you help me?" "of course I can. But only if you want me too." "Are you kidding? Of course I do!" "Good . because I think its time for some sisterly bonding." Regina smiled, pulling her sister out the door.

- - -

After a long day with her sister Regina got home and grabbed a snack, turned on the TV, and collapsed on the couch. She didn't even resize she had fallen asleep until she had been woken up by a soft giggle. She turned her head to see Roland, Robin, and Henry playing sorry on the floor. The giggle (most likely from Roland) Was followed by a quick" shhhhhhhh" from both Robin and henry. Regina sat up, and Robin told Roland "Now look what you did, you woke her up!" But more in a playful tone than an accusatory one. "what tine is It?" Regina asked "How long was I out?" "About two hours" Henry answered picking up his card. "What about dinner?!" Regina sat up quickly. "Don't worry," Henry said, "we ordered pizza!" "Pizza!" Regina exclaimed. She turned to Robin "And you let him?" "What?" Robin said sheepishly "you were asleep. We were hungry..." Regina was about to answer him when the doorbell rang. "Pizza!" Roland squealed and he and Henry ran to open the door. Regia just looked at Robin and shook her head

Later that night, sitting on the couch, stomachs full of pizza, the family was watching troll. Regina put her head on robins shoulder, and smiles, as if all was well in world. And maybe it wasn't. Maybe tomorrow they would face new hardships, that they had never even dreamed of, but for that moment maybe it was.

- - -

Zelena was awake bright and early, waiting by the door. When the doorbell finally rang, she rushed to it, expecting Regina. What she had not been expecting, was the woman at the door who certainly wasn't Regina. The woman opened her mouth, but Zelena interrupted her.

"Alex?!"

Authors note:

This is the first chapter of my story! I'm so exited. please tell me what you think. The next chapter (or the one after that, not sure) Will be an expansion of the outlaw queen scene. (The one near the end) I did this for English and I really like it, so think of it almost as a one shot. Thanks!

.