Chapter 2

POV: Ladybug

"Pound it!" Chat and I fist bump, just in time to hear our miraculous's beeping. "Well that's my cue, catch ya later Chat." I say, kinda disappointed.
'Why hasn't he been flirting with me as much..this isn't like him..' I thought

"Okay Ma'lady, I'll catch you around." He bowed, but before I could let him jump off, I grabbed his arm.
'I can't believe I'm doing this I can't believe I'm doing this...'
"Uh..Ma'lady?" He asked, confused that I wasn't doing anything.
"C-chat..would like you- I mean..would you like to hang out tomorrow?" My heart felt like it was trembling under each word.

"Sure, whatever you'd like Ma'lady." he smiled. His ring beeped and I pulled my hand back from his arm. He gave once last glance before he used his baton to get onto the roof of a nearby building. I watched him jump off, my heart pounding, until I heard that my miraculous was at one mark.

"Crap!" I quickly ran into a concealed alley way and de transformed. Tikki flew into my shoulder and looked at me with a grin. "So..you asked out Chat?" She smirked.
I felt my blood quickly rush to my cheeks, "N-no! It's nothing like that! It's just..a hang out?" I quickly tried to lie but I could tell that Tikki wasn't buying it. "Ugh...fine..yes, I asked out Chat.." I mumbled, picking her up and putting her in my purse. "But let's go home for now, school ended an hour ago so ma and pa must be worried."

POV: No one

As Marinette walks home, she doesn't notice a pair of green eyes staring at her from across the street. Chat Noir, who is now in Adrian form, walked over to the Dupan-Chen bakery to get some pastries only three minutes before. Or, that's what he told the owners. His true goal was to make sure Marinette got home after school, but she wasn't there. So, he decided to wait across the street until he had made sure that she got home safe and sound.

When the bluenette finally showed up and went in the bakery, he sighed with relief. "Okay good.." He started to walk back to his family's mansion, feeling his Kwami Plagg poke his head out from Adrian's coat. "Wow, so lover boy lied to his girlfriends parents?" Plagg smirked, quite amused that he could mess with Adrian so much.
"I didn't lie-! S-she's not my girlfriend.." The boy stuttered, feeling a bit flushed.

Plagg looked at his master amusingly, " oh right, so the only reason why you went there was to get pastries?" He asked. Adrian was about to speak, but it felt better to just hold his tough. Plagg just laughed until they made it to the Agreste Mansion.