"The bubble girl"

There was once a girl that lived inside a bubble, isolated from the rest of the world. She could see the beautiful world around her but she was afraid to escape the bubble. It gave her comfort you see. To observe rather than act, to be passive rather than active. She was afraid of contact, of getting rejected. Her fear consumed her   but she didn't know how to stop it, how to express her emotions.
The worst part was that she was the only one who could burst the bubble. It was her decision. Did she want to spend her whole life living under the shadow of the fearless people?
It was her decision to make.
We don't realize that our life is the only thing that is truly ours. If we deprive ourselves and other people of who we are nothing is going to remain.
The girl made up her mind. It was time to leave the bubble. The world was too scary for her but she didn't care anymore.
She pushed against the surface of the bubble and she broke it. Suddenly, all the colors of the world were visible again. The light blue of the sky and the green of the forests. All her senses were activated. She could listen to beautiful melodies that came from everywhere. The girl smiled.
She was alive for the first time.