>> S E V E N <<

People always say that you should never lie. That lying is a grave sin. But hiding certain things through a lie can sometimes be the only way to prevent one from breaking apart.

This was how things were for him since he was young. He believed in happiness. He believed in love. He believed in hope. Even though he knew, that these small rays of light he created would soon be blocked out by clouds.

With each passing day that the two friends spent together, they slowly built a wall of trust with one another. However she never knew that the last brick which he held to complete this sturdy wall would never be put in place...

The end of school ceremony came to a close as they both exchanged farewells, knowing that they will see each other when the new school year begins. With the guidance of her parents, she waved enthusiastically towards her new precious best friend.

"See ya Namjoon~! And thank you for everything you've done for me. I've made so many beautiful memories this year, and I hope to continue to make these memories with you. I'm sorry if I caused you any trouble, but still thank you, for putting up with me~ May we see each other healthy and happy next year~!"

Taken back by the words she had just said, the doleful Hee-Young he had first met had gradually become brighter and... livelier. Knowing Hee-Young wouldn't be able to see him wave back, with a large smile he shouted back just as happy. "Please don't thank me, I'm glad that I was able to make you smile and happy..." his smile suddenly softened from his bright one, "Mhm...~ May we continue to smile and create... happy memories~"

Little did Hee-Young know that this was the first and last lie he had said and would make to her.

Watching her back as she slowly disappeared with her parents, he continued to stand. A tormented Namjoon was left, who with a warm smile whispered softly to himself.

"Thank you for being my first and last love...~ May you forever be happy..."

>  > <  <

"Ah, I'm sorry, but can you see Namjoon? C-Can you see him?" She held her desk buddy's sleeve gently, as her usual deadpanned voice came out as a soft, feeble whisper. Glancing over at the girl's worried expression, a pitiful smile spread upon his lips, "Ah. Hee-young, haven't you heard from the Homeroom teacher... Namjoon's quit school..."

Alarmed by the sudden news, her grip only grew tighter on his sleeve, as her voice wavered, cracking slightly, "Q-Quit..? H-He q-quit?" Furrowing her brows, Hee-Young felt herself feel faint, "Do you know why? A-Anything?" Sighing softly, upset that he was of no help, "No... The teacher didn't say why..."

Thut

Hee-young's arm fell against the desk, as she tried to comprehend what she was just told.

Another painfully long day went by. Another day without Namjoon had passed. 

This particular day marked the end of their friendship. The end of Namjoon's promise. The end to the new found love they both shared.

 Bringing the wall which they had carefully built crumbling down.

>  >  <  <

Awaiting his father's approval to proceed with the procedure, as his mother clutched his arm, tears pouring down her cheeks. "Aish, eomma you're not making this any easy you know," He spoke in a frustrated tone, furrowing his brows at his mother's tears and words. "I-I don't a-accept this! T-This c-can't be happening!!" Stuttering, her tears only grew, as her body trembled, pain and anger seeping into her.

Gently with a hurt expression, he released his arm from his mother's grip as he stood up walking towards the nurse who was waiting for him. "Please change into this hospital gown Mr. Kim. Take your time and lay onto the bed as nurses will escort you to the surgery room," with that the nurse left, leaving the perplexed Namjoon alone.

Shutting his eyes close, he allowed himself to take a few deep breaths, trying to shake off the nauseous feeling growing in the pit of his stomach. Ready, he slowly began to strip his clothes off.

While Namjoon readied himself for the surgery so did his father, as he composed himself. He was to perform surgery upon his precious son, who had a time limit on his life.

"Hopefully the surgery succeeds..."

>  >  <  <