Chapter 13

"Ai. baby, wake up. I have a surprise for you. Ai."

I whined.

"Five more mintues kaachan."

I heard snickering and I opened my eyes to see all my friends in the room smiling at me.

"Happy Birthday Ai!" they all said at once.

I looke at Gaara and everyone with tears in my eyes as i looked at the cake Kakashi held. Written on the cake in red frosting was "Happy 16th Birthday Ai." I looked at them smiling.

"You guys remembered my birthday?"

Gaara spoke up first.

"Of course. How could we forget you 16th birthday? Its the biggest one of your life."

Kakashi was next.

"We figured you wanted to celebrate it with Gaara and the rest of us. So we put everything together as you slept. We hope you like it."

I nodded.

"I love it. Thank you all. I have had a birthday since i was 5 years old. I'm glad i get to celebrate it with all my friends."

Naruto stepped forward with a present wrapped in pink paper.

"Here, Ai. This is from everyone on Team 7. We hope you like it."

I took the present and opened it to reveal a set of fighting fans with steel edging. I looked at Kakashi, Naruto, and Sakura and smiled.

"I love them! Thanks!"

Everyone handed me various presents containing things like katanas, special chakra kunai, a pair of steel wolf claws, and a pair of kunai that go in my hair. Gaara gave me his present last.

I opened it to find a small box in it. I looked at him confused. He smiled as he took the box, got off the bed, and kneeled on his knee. I looked at him shocked.

"Aishiteru. Will you do me the honor of being my bride?"

I looked at him smiling as tears fell and I nodded as i said,

""Yes! A thousand times yes!"

He got up and put the ring on my finger and i hugged him as i pecked his lips. Everyone smiled and congratulated me and Gaara. I couldnt be happier, I was going to marry the man i love. And nothing could break our promise to each other.