15

"Thank you." I said getting out of the already payed taxi. Hoping i didn't bump into Alex i jogged into my apartment complex, quickly running up the stairs still hoping i didn't bump into anyone.

I saw my aprtment door and sighed in relief. I quickly inserted the key in and unlocked it. I opened to door to find....Well really nothing. Everything was the same, even the note was still there.

I took onestep inside. I shut the door behind me and ran for my bed. Honestly the whole taxi ride i could have thought of what to say to Alex, but i was too scared to even think straight. I took a shower and changed my clothes.

It's finally time to go to David's aprtment and honestly I'm terrified

I slowly opened my aprtment door and walked out. My heels click against the floor. My heart was racing, my mind was foggy, i could barely stand. I felt like i was going to drop any second now and die.

I hadn't fully understood what i did wrong at first but hell do i regret it now.

What if Alex answered the door? Oh my god. I started to breathe heavily. Am i really about to have a panic attack? I stopped infront of the door and raised my hand ready to knock on the door. Without giving it much thought i knocked .

"Yeah, how can i help you?" David said opening the door. What? Did everyone forget i exist? Did no one care all along? I realized i was wearing a red wig and i looked nothing like i did before. "David, it's me?" David's face turned pale and he screamed. Not like someones name or something, just a scream. He hugged me so tightly i could barely breath. He looked at me with tears in his eyes. "How, wha- after? You're alive?" I looked at David and nodded.

He tried talking to me about where i had gone and what i did but i kept asking to speak to Alex and that i'll explain later.

"How is he doing?" I blurted out not really knowing what to say. "Well uh i don't really know.. He changed. He's not the person he was before..He's like a washed out Alex Ernst"

Alex's POV

I heard a knock at my door. "I'm tired please go." I shut my laptop and sat in my bed. "Alex.." I heard a quiet but familiar voice. My head snapped towards the door. I bolted up from my bed and ran to my door. I quickly unlocked it and saw the one and only fucking-

Amy?