01;

"Now it's a beautiful day in the Lone Star State, so why don't we just celebrate my freedom and the undeniable fact that history is being made right here, right now."

"The Geckos ride again." I said, the three of us pounding our fists together; one of the few rituals we had before a big job.

We slowly got up from the park bench, walking in unison towards the Abilene Mutual Bank. To my left was Richard and to my right was Seth. We were going to do this— we were back!

After five years of nothing, the Geckos were back.

There was no doubt in my mind that the three of us could pull off this job, we were some of the best criminals in the country and everyone knew it.

"Got your balls on?"

"Screwed on tight."

"Any son of a bitch messes with you..."

"You've got our backs." Richard and I said together, pulling out our guns.

"Here's to getting rich and fat." Seth said, taking his gun out as well.

"And dying in the arms of a beautiful woman." Richie replied as we neared the bank.

"Damn straight." I sure wasn't.

The three of us stormed into the bank, facing a middle-aged woman who looked terrified out of her mind.

"Good morning, sweetheart." Richard said, grabbing the lady and covering her mouth. The security guard tried to make a move on us, but Seth knocked him out with the back of his gun before he could.

"Monica I didn't get my paycheck." A man said, presumably talking to the woman Richie had a hold of as he had turned to face her. As soon as he did, I walked up to him, my gun pointed in his direction. "You're gonna earn it today." He put his hands up in defense— like it was actually going to help him.

I kept my hand steady as Richard shot out the security cameras and watched as he took the woman to the group of hostages, pointing his gun in her face.

"Surveillance drives." He said calmly, to which Monica silently replied by looking at where they were stored. Richard shot them a few times to make sure they were destroyed, the bank teller flinching as my brother fired the gun.

"Clear." He stated, his gaze falling back onto Monica as he took off his sunglasses. "You got something to say to me?" It was quite intimidating, I could admit. There was something a bit... off about him. I'd noticed it when we got together to bust Seth out of prison. The bank teller violently shook her head as Richard put his normal glasses back on.

Then it was quiet. Everything around me was quiet. I could see Seth's mouth moving, but no sound was coming out. I heard a faint whisper, coming from behind me.

I jolted around, gripping my gun tightly, but there was nothing there. It was odd. I wasn't going crazy, was I?

"Blaire, Blaire..." Suddenly Seth was right in front of me, snapping his fingers. "You with us?" He asked, his eyebrows furrowed as he looked at me.

"Yeah, yeah." I shook my head, putting a hand to my forehead before nodding, "Yeah. I'm here." I said, confirming what he wanted to hear.

He gave me a weird look, but he nodded nonetheless, moving on to what we were actually here for.

"Now, there's always a choice. You can choose to have this be a quaint little story you tell your friends at parties to help you get laid or you can end up permanently disfigured like your friend here." Seth said, looking to a guy who was bloody and passed out in a chair. Geez, what had I missed?