13.

Elsa's P.O.V

"Bye Elsie!" Anna said, hugging me as she entered the school to join her own group of friends. I sighed, just about to head into the school until I spotted the Merida and Hiccup sitting out just by the entrance, talking to each other as both freshman and seniors alike started to gawk at them, whispering as they passed them, though the duo didn't bother to listen to them.

"Hey guys!" I said, joining in on their conversation.

"Morning Els," They both said in unison. I raised my eyebrow at them, puzzled.

"You sure you're both not robots programmed the exact same way?" I asked.

"Positive," they both replied again.

"Where's Jack and Punzie?" I asked, looking around for the familiar blonde and frosty white hair that normally wandered around the school.

"Somewhere on one of their couple, lovey-dovey walks," Merida said, rolling her eyes. I felt a little squeamish inside, and an unavoidable pang in my heart. Hiccup and Merida both gave me concerned looks, obviously knowing what was going on.

"It's completely normal to feel this way, Elsa," Hiccup said, re-adjusting his glasses for the millionth time. "You're experiencing something that all humans feel for at least one point in their lifetime, but if you don't make your move soon, then it'll be too late."

"What move can I make, Hic?" I asked, exasperated. I slowly rubbed my temple, trying to ease the small headache that would eventually grow on me as the day wore on. "You think I can just barge in and sabotage their relationship?! I'm not that kind of person! I don't ruin people's happiness for my own selfish, personal benefit!"

"Woah there," Merida said, placing her hand gently on my shoulder. "Right now, you're experiencing something that I like to call, love-stress."

"Love-stress?" I repeated.

"It's pretty self-explanatory," Merida replied, shrugging her shoulders. "You're stressed because the person that you're  in love with is with someone else, and you feel like there isn't anything you can do about it, because you have that feeling whenever you see that person, those butterflies that you can't ignore, no matter how wrong you feel about it."

"Wow Mer," I said. "Since when did you become a love-expert?"

"I learnt from the best," She smirked, hitting Hiccup on the shoulder. He scowled, glaring at her as he picked up the book that he had dropped.

"Hiccup?" I said in disbelief.

"It's not that hard to believe based on the books that I accidentally borrow and decide to read anyways," Hiccup said. "I'm not one to just read a romance novel out of the blue."

"Mhm," Merida replied sarcastically, nudging him in the ribs.

"OW!" Hiccup winced, gripping onto his side. "Stop doing that!"

"Try me, Henry" She smirked, glancing at him. His bows knitted together and his lips pursed into a frown.

"Stop calling me---"

"HICCUP!"

We all looked out the source of the voice and my mouth slightly parted at the sight of a girl. Her long, blonde hair cascaded down her shoulder in a strange braid, a leather headband situated comfortably around her forehead. She was wearing a blood-red sweater, wrapped tightly in a fluffy, fleece coat. I looked down at my own attire, a light-blue tank top and black-leggings. I glanced at the sky, the boiling sun shining down on us, though the girl didn't seem too bothered.