Recollection of Distant Memories

Hello, my little Demons! Here is chapter one for ya'll that have been waiting for it to be released! I really hope you enjoy this new book of mine. Feedback, votes, favourites and comments are always appreciated! So, without furhter a due - enjoy. <3

___________________________________________________________

I’m sitting in History class, tapping my pencil on the hard, wooden desk. I’ve probably irritated about five people with the amount of noise I’m making – but, hey, what do I care? I’ve been feeling anxious ever since the start of second term, and sadly, I know exactly why. Lately, my grades have been dropping, and my parents somehow found out this morning. I mean, it’s not that I wanted to keep it from them; it’s just that I didn’t see the point in saying anything. Who are they to judge? I doubt they did any better in high school. Whatever, it’s not like I care anyway.

“Miss Violet, would you please stop that absurd tapping?”

I directed my attention to the front of the classroom, slamming my pencil on the desk vigorously, making a loud ‘SNAP’ which reverberates profoundly. Everyone turned their heads around, fixing their eyes on my furious outburst.

“What? Is there something on my face?” I snapped harshly, causing the class to advert their attention back towards the teacher.

I sighed exasperatedly, focusing my gaze on the clock above the whiteboard. ‘Tick, tock, tick, tock…’ I mocked its irritating noise, counting down the minutes until class ends. I placed my hands beneath my chin, staring intently at the endless void of reoccurring numbers. After a while, I find myself perched on my hands, and suddenly, the bell’s shrill screaming is resonating throughout the campus. ‘DING, DING, DING.’ I jolted from my slumber, grabbing my bag swiftly in one quick motion, swinging it over my left shoulder. Thank fuck that’s over. I raced out the classroom door, avoiding eye contact with any and all scholars. As I steer clear of all the crowds, I cautiously – though, still half running – rounded a corner without lifting my lowered head, thinking the halls at this hour were already empty. I mean, usually no one is down this end of the school. Unfortunately, they weren’t, and I ended up running into something hard, and bulky. Gah…

“What the- fuck, watch where you’re going!” I arched my neck, rubbing it as I pushed myself back up.

“Watch where I’m going? Why don’t you watch where you’re going, whore?”

My eyes veered upward, focusing them on, what it seems to be, a prefect. Great, just my fucking luck. Not only is this guy the school Captain, but, he’s also known to be a short-tempered, know-it-all prick. Why did it have to be him, of all people? I managed to stabilise myself after getting back up, making sure I didn’t attain any concussions from the impact. Like, holy shit, this guy was tanked – his muscles were almost completely visible through his tight, white shirt. Gah, what the fuck am I thinking? He just cursed at me, and here I am, gawking at his muscle tone. I shook my head, now staring up at him with a frown plastered on my face.

“Whore? Really? Seriously, dude, what the fuck is-… Actually, never mind. Excuse me.” 

I picked my bag up and pushed past the prefect, cursing under my breath, feeling his gaze burning holes in the back of my head. If anything, I’ll be his new target; eh, it’s not like I care either way. Slowly, I made my way out the school’s front gates, pulling my phone out to check if I’d received any new messages.  Ah, of course I’d have one from my parents – they wouldn’t have forgotten about my grades, even if my life depended on it. Tapping in the code to unlock my device, I pressed on the messages icon, waiting for it to load up. When it did, I opened my mother’s message, reading the screen with a blank expression drawn on my face.