Percabeth Proposal

ANNABETH

She went looking for Percy, the world made sense when he was next to her. Annabeth neared the door of his cabin but hesitated. She heard Hazel, "Oh Percy, you're such a sweetheart!" A pang of irrational jealousy hit her in the chest. She surged towards the door and walked in on Percy and Hazel hugging.

Annabeth blushed and attempted to retrace her steps but she was frozen, probably squeaking too. Percy let go of Hazel and thanked her, apparently she was the best. Only after that did he notice Annabeth wide-eyed and red-faced.

"Hey." His smile warmed Annabeth to the core and she almost forgot her jealousy - almost.

Hazel left the room, making awkward excuses about why she needed to see Frank. When Hazel had gone, Percy sauntered over to Annabeth and leant his shoulder against the door frame.

"Hi," Awkward pause, "Look," he straightened, taking her hand and lacing his fingers through hers. "I've been thinking."

Not a good start. Annabeth thought, Gods, please no, that's a break up line. The lunch bell rang and Leo appeared at behind her.

"Percy, mayday, I repeat, mayday. We have a, uh, an issue," he decided, slurring his last words, "With that thing you wanted...fixed." Percy looked at Annabeth longingly, her heart jumped to her throat, his eyes assured her that he wasn't about to break up with her.

"Annabeth, I'm sorry. I'll be back in a minute." And with that, he kissed her and ran.

Minutes passed. Jealousy and anger boiled inside her when suddenly he ran into the mess hall and interrupted Frank's conversation with his hot dog that went a little like this:

Frank: Why, dog, you look hot today.

Hot Dog:

Frank: You seem a little under dressed, do you mind? (Here Frank added ketchup and mustard to the sausage) Hmm, you look mighty fine.

Percy: Hazel can you help me?