Finally Reunited

Hi guys!

So I have been here for about 3 weeks now and, what can i say.... I absolutely love it here. 

So we have just have to say goodbye to our Aussie friends because they have gone for a holiday back to Australia for 10 weeks. So I guess it looks like we are on our own now! It is now our job to run 'Operation Uganda' and i am actually excited for it. So in 2 short weeks my family and I are going up to Northern Uganda with a team of Americans who are coming down for 2 weeks on a missions trip. We will be building a school classroom, as well as just mucking around and having a ton of fun!  

Here in Uganda, it is quite normal to lose electricity. Sometimes it will just randomly cut out and you will have no power for most the day.  Just a few days ago we saw that our electricity pole was sparking. So we called up the electricity company to tell them to fix it, and they replied to us saying that they would be here in 8 hours! So we waited, but 24 hours later they still had not come!. While this was all happening, we found out the we had no water as well, because our water tank was leaking! So at this time we had no power-so it was dark, and no running water, which meant no shower or sink to wash the dishes. But 'This is Africa!' Anyway we still love it here. It is like our 2nd home. We now have our water back but not power, but you know we are still extremely lucky, and being here has made me see that. 

On Sunday we finally got to see all of the amazing kids again that we taught in Sunday school last year. It was amazing to see them again and to see that they had missed us just as much as we missed them. To see their smiling little faces was just amazing. i would hate to think what my life would be like if i had never come here. This is what i was made to do.