Part 3

Several months passed and things were going smoothly in the kingdom of Kathna.
Kanha and Princess Swara came closer to each other.
Kanha earned the trust of King Shekhar in the past months by saving him, giving him advices and helping him in keeping his enemies at bay.

Kanha's POV

Princess Swara was so different from her father, she was sweet, good at heart, loving, caring and she never discriminated between poor or rich. She treated her subjects like her family, but what if all of this was just a show, what if she was just acting loving and caring in front of others and was just like her father in reality.
But that can't be true. She seems so pure and innocent, she can never be like her father or can she?

I was getting irritated with all these thoughts and my inner battle was starting to annoy me and I was getting angry very easily. This was not what I planned initially,  I cannot let a mere girl spoil my hard work. I cannot let that girl spoil my plan, I cannot afford to make any mistakes. She can't control my brain. She just can't.
End of POV

Swara's POV

Kanha was such a hard working man, he never lied to anyone and respected everyone despite of the fact that everyone was jealous of him and bad mouth about him on his back. And above all he saved my father's live multiple times, although it was not his job. Still he saved my father's life while risking his own.
I can never repay him in this lifetime for what he did. He's a genuine person and such a kindhearted man. Slowly but eventually he has got a special place in my heart. I don't know how, but he did. He seems so familiar to me despite of being a complete stranger. I think there's something special about him.
End of POV

Things went peacefully for sometime and as we all know life is not what it seems and it definitely has lots of surprises stored for everyone. And this was the silence before an upcoming storm.
The events took a turn in such a way which resulted in the death of the King of Kathna, but it wasn't a natural death. It was a planned murder, it was the result of a dreadful revenge plan.

Kanha's POV

Finally I got my revenge.. Finally..  After all the pain, tears, sorrow and hardship I got my revenge and that cheater got what he deserved.
Now no one can stop me from getting my kingdom back and our dead King's beloved daughter will help me in getting my kingdom back.
End of POV

Flashback
Kanha got to know about Shekhar's addiction and love for alcohol so he planned to award him his death in the disguise of his love.

Kanha, "Now your love for alcohol would lead to your death and you'll get a taste of your own medicine. "

And everything happened the way Kanha had planned and Shekhar died after drinking the alcohol.
End of flashback

No one in the castle knew about the death of the King and Kanha took it as an opportunity to make the initial part of the plan successful.

Swara's Room
Kanha entered in Swara's room and stood near her bed while she was looking out of her window oblivious of the turn of events.
Suddenly Swara turns around as she senses someone staring at her.
She gasped and asked, "Kanha???  What are you doing in my room at this time?? Is everything okay? "
Kanha, "Listen Swara, everything is alright but it won't be for long if you don't follow my words. "
Swara, "What do you mean Kanha? "
Kanha,"I mean that if you want your father alive then you need to marry me so that I can be the next King as you don't have any brother. "
Swara, "What's wrong with you Kanha? Why are you acting so different? "
Kanha, "
Kanha, "I'm not acting different princess, rather I have started acting like myself. So stop wasting my time if you want your father alive."
End of scene
That day changed Swara's life completely, the man whom she started falling in love with,whom she trusted and admired turned out to be a heartless man whom she was forcefully married.

Although Kanha was appearing strong and happy from outside, he was dying from inside,dying because of the guilt. He never wanted to hurt any innocent but he did that exactly by lying to Swara that she would get to see her father after marrying him but that was never going to happen.

It's a collab work for group competition.

Team:- Smeared_ink
Team members :- @VanishaaR, @Risinglife, me, @Soumyavk

Participant readers :- @Little_Gangster429 and @Aithya

If you haven't read the previous parts then do read them in the following members profile:-

First part:-@VanishaaR
Second part:-@Risinglife
Third part:-@janvisingh31
Fourth part:-@Soumyavk

Epilogue will be published by the participant readers.
Do vote and comment for us and help us win the competition if you liked the story.
Love you all 😘😘😘