Prologue

Chicago
"Hey see you tomorrow!", A young woman said, she has shoulder long black hair and blue eyes. She waved to the woman who stood by the thesis. She pulled her jacket over, took her purse, and left the crowded bar. She felt someone follow her, but when she turned, there was nobody there. She turned into a side street and tried to hang her pursuers.

"It is not particularly safe at this time," came a voice behind her, the woman turns around. A man about a head taller than her stood behind her. She realized that the man was a vampire.

"I do not think so," she says, her eyes turning golden yellow. Before and behind her vampires jumped from the rooftops.

"Guys just let me go and there are no dead ones," she said, turning to leave. The man flashes in front of her and shows his vampire teeth.

"You wanted that way," she says. She kicked the man in front of her and tried to run away, but a few others tore her the way. She looked around, she found a piece of wood that was in a corner. She took it and stabbed one of the vampires.

"You should not have done that, you would have had a quick painless dead before, now you will suffer," one of the vampires said. The woman bit one of the men and hit the vampires. One of the vampires took a knife out of his pocket and injured her arm. One of the men moaned, the young woman turns to the man. Suddenly he fell to the ground, behind him stood a man holding his heart.
"Gentleman, this is not a way to treat a lady," he says, a few other vampires rushed at him, but he easily kill these men, "Who else?", She heard him say. The woman's body suddenly became heavy and darkness took over her. The man caught her before she could touch the ground. He laid her down carefully and started back to his other task. He straightens up again, the vampires got scared and disappeared out of the alley. He picked up the young woman and walked out of the alley. He opened his car and put she in the seat. The man closed her door, went to the driver's side and started to drive to his apartment.

ooOoo

The woman opens her eyes slowly, pain moved through her body and made her moan.

"Here drink this," came a man's voice, she recognized it, it was the man who killed vampires earlier. She gets up on the sofa and looks the man in the eye. He held a glass with a crimson liquid, blood.
"No thank you, I do not drink vampire blood", she said, he pulling back the glass and placing it on the table in front of her.

"Then not" he says. The woman looks around, the apartment was quite modern and luxurious. The man turns and walks to the kitchen, which was open at the living room.

"Where am I and why am I here?" She asked curiously.

"Your are in my apartment because you have become unconscious," he says. He opened the fridge and pulled out a bottle of water. The woman got up from the sofa and went to the counter opposite the man and sat on a stool. He took a glass out of a cupboard, poured water into it and handed it to her.

"Why did you kill those men? Why you have help me?" She asks as she takes a sip of the water. He looked at her and ask back: "Why should I not have helped you?"

"You are a vampire and I am a werewolf, so why?"

"What does that change?" He asks her, leaning his hands against the thesis in front of her.

"You have to hate me," she explains.

"How am I supposed to hate you if I do not know you" he says, making her speechless.

" And why did you kill people of your kind?" She asks.

"Questions about questions", he says, and was a bit annoyed, "I killed those vampires because I can not stand such disrespectful behavior, be a werewolf or vampire."

"I think I have to thank you, although I could have done these vampires myself," she says with a smile, he gave her smile back. She puts her hand to him and says, "Miranda Johnson," he took her hand.

"Elijah Smith"

Tell me what you think!