Chapter 4: The library

Era's P.O.V $-$

Turns out date was a demons way of saying he wanted one day of my life, a literal date. That's why Zephyr freaked out so badly.
"I don't understand the issue most of my life was lived in the ulmad why don't I just give him one of those days?"
"That won't work it needs to be a day that's meaningful" he sighs and shakes his head. "This could be troublesome in the future"
My head falls in shame, I screwed up bad this time. The huffle turns a deep blue reflecting my current mood. Zephyr sighs and rubs his temples.
"what's done is done, all we can do now is make sure it doesn't happen again." Zephyr walks down the street, I follow behind him clinging to my new fluffy friend. We walk in Silence and I take the opportunity to think about everything that has happened. First I escaped the Ulmad and was thrown into a war, I have no memory of this war but I know someone is trapping people in those prisons, judging from what zephyr told me the ulmads are killing their victims... I want to stop that, so I can move on right??? I shake my head, don't dwell keep thinking. So I made a deal with a god so I could move forward. I will admit I couldn't have made it this far with Zephyr but does that mean I should trust him?
He saved my life but I don't think I should tell him about my extensive experience in the Ulmad.
"We're here Era", I snap out of my thoughts and look at the small worn building we've stopped at.
"Where are we?" I ask, Zephyr raises a brow. "A library, I know your memory's impaired but I at least thought you would remember what a library looks like" he does little to cover the amusement in his voice. I roll my eyes and the huffle in my arms turns an angry red. The huffle shoots from my arms and starts angrily squeaking at Zephyr. He sneers and tries, but fails to shoot the shuffle away. I hold back my laughter as I watch the god of war struggle against an emotional fluff ball.
"Era call off your huffle before I pluck it and make myself a scarf," he says with slight annoyance, my laughter escalates but I manage to grab the huffle and calm it down.
"I would watch what you say from now on, floof might attack you if you're mean" I tease. He snorts and rolls his eyes, reaching around me he opens the door and motions for me to go in.
"The only reason floof isn't a pancake is that you would freak out" I shrug not denying that I would be upset if anyone hurt floof. After all, I named him he is part of my family now.
"Alright, where do we start" I'm filled with determination as I enter the library. The smell wraps around me almost as if I'm being greeted by an old friend. Zephyr comes in after me shaking off his snow-covered boots.
"We'll start with the rules of this place, it's good too know that so we don't attract attention to ourselves" I nod, we had already started a ruckus no need for any more unwanted attention.

Zephyr and I stop at the counter, he talks to a short, stout man behind the counter. I run my finger through floofs fur, I couldn't wait to find out more about this place. Maybe they had information on my cards. My eyes start to wander as Zephyr converses with the man, the library was packed with shelves filled to the brim with books with only a couple areas to sit in the front of the store. Curios I wander away from the counter and start looking through the isles of books, it was a bit cramped as I continued. I doubt more than one person could go through at a time. There were so many books I didn't know where to start, no book seemed to jump out at me they all seemed relatively forgettable. I stop to read some of the titles, "How to grow goblins horns, blending dragon scales, summoning through different elements?" I grab that book and flip it open, it's written in a language I don't understand. "That ones really helpful if you're a tamer or Manipulator" I turn quickly to see who was talking. Standing there was a petit girl with long blonde hair. "My names Jayde"

Authors note

OKAY SO IM KINDA LATE LOL, sorry guys I'm awful with posting on time and this chapter is really short. It's been a very long time since I've done any sort of writing like this so I'm just trying to get back into the swing of things and figure out where I want this story to go. So sorry for being late I'll try to make the next chapter better. Thanks again for reading Westdam.