CHAPTER 2

Yuna's POV

After my graduation, I quit my job and talked to my landlord about moving out. He was really nice and understanding, we just had to take care of some paperwork. After I was done with everything, I packed my bags and I was already on my way to Seoul.

I had to take the train and it took about 5 hours to get there, so I decided to write some lyrics in the meantime. Nobody knew this about me, but I loved writing and composing songs. Whenever I was feeling down or stressed, I poured all of it into my lyrics.

After a few hours of writing, I accidentaly fell asleep. I only woke up to the sound of people rustling and leaving the train. I turned my head to look out the window and I realized that we already arrived to Seoul. Excitement and nervousness suddenly rushed through my body. I grabbed my luggage and got off the train.

Everything was so different. There were so many people, almost all of them were in a rush. It was so unusual for me. Coming here from a small town is such a huge change. Suddenly, I felt a bit self-conscious. I wasn't sure if I could fit in and get used to this place.

I was just standing there for about 5 minutes and I couldn't shake off the feeling of a pair of eyes on me anymore. I looked up to find a person looking straight at me, sitting on a bench with a notebook and a pen in his hands. I couldn't see his face clearly since he was wearing a cap, but he seemed to be around my age. I could somewhat see his eyes. Such an intense and gorgeous pair of eyes. I couldn't tear my gaze away from him and he also kept looking at me, I felt like he was staring right through my soul.

I snapped back to reality, realizing that I should get going. When I finally held my luggage again, I saw the boy turning his attention back to his notebook and rapidly scribbling something down. I found it a bit strange, but ignored it anyway. I left the train station and took a taxi to my new apartment.

After getting out of the car, I found myself in front of a block of flats. It looked a lot better already than my previous apartment. Since I have been saving up for quite a while, I had enough money to afford a better place this time.

I met the landlord in the lobby to get my keys and I headed to the elevator. I got off on the 4th floor and headed to my apartment. When I went inside I was pleasantly surprised, it was a lot bigger and cleaner than my old place. I walked around with a slight smile on my face, satisfied. The place really wasn't that huge, just a living room, a bedroom, a bathroom and a small kitchen. Compared to the one small room I used to live in, this place was heaven.

I decided to unpack my stuff and do some cleaning first since it was only 1 pm. After I was done with all the chores I looked at the time and surprisingly, it only took me 2 hours. I plopped down on the couch with a sigh, trying to find something to do for the rest of the day. Suddenly, an idea popped into my mind. 'I could make some cookies and give them to my new neighbours. Might as well start off with them on a positive note.' I muttered to myself. I got up and put on my jacket and shoes, grabbed my wallet and headed out to find a grocery store.

Luckily, as soon as I stepped outside I noticed a small store down the street. I went inside and I suddenly froze. Those eyes. He was standing in front of the counter, paying for a few cups of instant ramen. He noticed me as soon as I entered, his eyes widened a bit. 'He remembers me?' I thought to myself, still not moving from the door. After he finished paying, he headed towards me, his eyes still fixed on me. For some reason, my heart started beating rapidly and I felt as if some kind of weird sensation took over my body. He got closer and closer to me with every step, then he finally reached me. I could see a slight smirk on his face while he walked past me, heading out of the store. 'Why am I feeling so disappointed?' I thought to myself, looking down at my feet.

I just sighed and got the ingredients I needed then I headed back home.

I started making the cookies as soon as I got back. I wasn't that good at cooking or baking, but I always tried my best and my food usually turned out to be alright. After about an hour of running around in the kitchen, they were finally ready. I excitedly put half of the cookies in a bowl and the other half in another one. I grabbed one of the bowls and headed to the apartment to the right of mine. I was a bit nervous, but I knocked on the door anyway.

A short, grey-haired old lady opened the door. She looked at me with a kind smile. "What a beautiful young lady. What brings you here?" she had such a nice, calming voice. It's been so long since I received a compliment from someone, it warmed up my heart. I looked at her with a genuine smile. "Good afternoon. My name is Park Yuna and I just moved to the apartment next door." I said, pointing at my door. "I thought it would be nice to get to know my neighbours, so I decided to make some cookies for you." I held out the bowl filled with cookies to her. She flashed a smile at me, taking it from my hands. "Thank you so much, I'm so happy that I have such a nice neighbor. I'm Eunsook, but you can call me Auntie." I nodded contently.

After talking for a few more minutes with Auntie Eunsook, I headed back to my room and grabbed the other bowl. I don't know why, but I was slightly more nervous this time.

As I reached the door of my other neighbour, I took a deep breath and knocked. I stood there for a few seconds waiting for an answer, but nobody seemed to be home. I was about to turn around and leave, when the door suddenly opened.

I looked up, just to meet those breathtaking eyes once again.