Chapter one.

I woke up to my annoying ass phone telling me it was 6:30 on a Monday morning, which means one thing, and one thing only. School.

I climbed out of my bed still half asleep and made my way to my bathroom. Running the cold tap and tying my blonde hair into a messy bun on the top of my head I stood there gormlessly. I placed my hand under the freezing water and in one swift moment I raised my hands to my face splashed the ice cold water in my face to wake me up.

I turned the water off before finding my purple toothbrush and doing my teeth. While I was in there I grabbed my kiwi face wash and cleansed my face. I also went to the toilet before walking out.

Wait where are my manners, hi, my name is April mendes-Philips, but just call me April, I am 16 years of age and live in the beautiful land of North Carolina. I used to live in England, up to the age of 13, but then I moved due to a better life style and well better opportunities. I live in this stunning 4 bedroom house with my mum and dad. I had brother once upon a time, but things happened and he's not with us anymore. He was my best friend and i adored the shit out of him.But like i said, shit happens and that one small thing flipped everything. What can I say though, this one was my fault. Sighing, I walked into my closet, pulling out my outfit for the day. Nothing new, just the same old same old, black skinnies, black vans and my jumper.

After I was dressed I walked over to my desk and picked up my brush, getting the tangles out of my ugly purple hair. I put my brush back down after detangling everything, and placing it back into a bun, and I noticed my watermelon bow tie, I hadn't wore it in ages so place it under my collar and fasten the back. Walking out of the room, my hands grabbed my signature necklace, and tuck it under my shirt. I grabbed my bag and car keys walking into my living room.

"Mom?" No answer, shock. Wheres the note then? The folded piece of paper that was messily placed on the counter fought my eye.

Morning sweetie,

I had work early this morning and so did your dad. We will be back just after half 3 when you finish school, but we will be only staying for 5 minuets to pick up the suitcases and me and your father are going away for the week. I will leave the money and one of our credit cards later.

Enjoy school, mom. Xox

Honestly, I'm not even shocked. Ever since my brother, they have never had any time for me. Like seriously, I'm not even sure they can remember the colour of my eyes. I skip breakfast like I do every morning and get into my lemon sherbet coloured mini. I called her Lucy. Nothing like driving your own baby to hell, right? Somehow, that reminds me of Sam and Dean Winchester.

I pulled into the car park and was relieved to find not many people here. I got out of Lucy, locked her and put the keys in my bag. Humming towards my locker, I managed to clear my head. I placed my hand in to get my books out before the door slammed on my hand. I whimpered and looked up to see the eyes of the century. Nash Grier.

"Hey bitch, what's the answer to seven for our maths homework" yes, we were in the same maths.

"I-I'm not sure, c-c-can I check p-please?" I stuttered trying not to scream in pain as the dug the locker further into my hand.

"No, the question is x^3+x2=62 what's x?" He said holding his homework in the hand that's not crushing mine.

"Uh, um" he pushed it harder. "It's 3.75! The answer is 3.75!" I screamed.

"Thanks bitch" he said letting go of the locker and letting me pull out my newly bruised, red and slightly bleeding hand, "oh and you really should get that checked out, I don't think that's good for you" he said walking off with his smug smirk.

I just rubbed my hand and grabbed out my book for my first lesson, which happened to be with Nash and his little bum buddy Cameron. Gosh knows what would happen if I had the confidence to say this out loud. They would murder me. Literately. Slightly giggling to myself, I walk to class. Maths isn't that bad. You know how everyone has those little things they're good at,  some like art, some like music, I, like maths. It's easy, just the same set of 10 numbers put in a different order. That's it. My only problem I have to spend the hour with people laughing and chatting bare gabba behind my back.