Konoha's State of the World

My hand reaching out, I struggled to catch up to the two. I knew what was coming, and I knew that it was almost impossible to stop, but if I could just be a little faster, stop the second hand from blocking my path, maybe I could save them. What was this evil world where we were caught in a never ending loop of death? It would always end the same. I would run to save them, but I wouldn't be able to make it in time. He would run after her into the oncoming lane and push her away before she could get hit, and take her place. And always, I would see that hazy figure standing and watching with a sly grin, but that grin would contort into a look of horror and confusion as the brown haired boy would save his friend. Were they unaware that it was the same act over and over? Sometimes, I let out my sorrow for these kids and cry. I curl up and weep like a baby. I want to save them. I want to stop the clock. I want...

    To remember. 

    I have no memories of who I was, who I am, where I come from. I have no real family. I want to be saved from this pit of confusion and I want to save others. Like the boy and the girl being forced to die over and over. Will they ever have a future together? A normal summer? Will they be able to one day say "See you next year" maybe? I see that a monster laughs at our petty sorrows. He controls their actions, all the tragedy inflicted upon them. Sometimes, I feel like the monster is part of me, of who I am, and when I sense his presence within me, I feel hurt. I feel lots of emotional hurt. Sometimes, I will see images from his memory, and it will give me a headache. I want to remember too. But I cannot even get the slightest fuzzy image. The monster longs for people to notice him. He tries to save someone too, but like me, he cannot stop them in time. I would like to talk to this monster. Maybe he knows who I am. 

   Oh my... it seems I have gotten distracted again. I cannot reach them in time. They have run out into the street, a light pouring in that sickly shade of bright red. Even if the sirens already started blaring, I could not save them . With this see through body, I am nothing. I am forced to watch helplessly as I watch his little body be flung out into the street and become squashed on the oncoming lane. I know tomorrow, the cycle will restart, so I say goodbye to you now. One day...

    One day I will save them from the Heat Haze.