Chapter 2

My eyebrows scrunched together as I took in the sight in front of me. This woman was definitely 'me', but looked a bit older by a few years. She had experience written across her cold storm grey eyes, eyes that held only a smidge of the blue that mine hold today. That experience continued down into how she held her toned body. Even though she appeared relaxed, she also looked as if she were prepared to attack at any given moment.

   My examination of the woman standing before me was suddenly cut short when she started walking towards me lithely, her long hair flowing behind her like a cape. Before I knew it she was standing directly in front of me. I tried to look as well as lean away from her only to have the 'fog' prevent me from doing so. Suddenly laughter broke out from in front of me. Snapping my eyes upward I saw that she had moved much closer so that our noses were nearly touching. Her cruel eyes stayed still as she held mine captive. Slowly she leaned closer so that her lips brushed against my cheek when she spoke.

   "You cannot escape me. Just like you cannot run from the upcoming events. What is to come is inevitable."

   Her voice was barely a whisper and yet the words she spoke resonated through the air with authority. The pure power that dripped from her silky voice made me quiver. Upon feeling my body shake, she pulled back with a satisfied smirk. Watching as she raised her hand, I could then her manicured fingers gently stroking my cheeks and temple.  Bringing my eyes back up to hers, I noticed her face soften as she continued to look at me.

   "You have such a beautiful face...," she said as she continued trailing her fingers down my face. Then suddenly her own face morphed to show the pure malice that had been hidden just beneath the surface just moments before.

   "It's a shame no one will be able to see it anymore."

   I felt pain streak across my face as her hand struck my cheek, leaving ragged claw marks in their place. Biting back my scream as my head snapped to the side, I turned my attention back towards the woman standing before me, who was now admiring the blood on her fingers.

   My blood.

   Rage pulsed through my veins the longer I stared at her.

   This monster in front of me is not me. And will never be.

   Once again, her throaty laughter filled the air as she began circling me. I struggled to keep her within my line of sight. I didn't trust the enemy to be behind me, for that's often when you get stabbed. But eventually she stopped in front of me again and looked at me curiously.

   "Your thoughts amuse me greatly, child. I've already told you. You cannot escape this."

   With that she reached down towards her leg and lifted up her dress to reveal a hidden dagger. Slowly, she pulled it out of it's sheath and held it out before herself in both hands. She stood there for a few moments, just spinning the blade expertly in her hands as if it were a mere toy, watching it in silence. The atmosphere became even thicker. That is until she broke it.

    "I never wanted it to end this way... but this is the way it has to be," she said as her eyes lifted up towards mine. They were filled with sorrow and regret, but all too soon they hardened back into her previous emotionless mask.

   I wasn't ready for when she brought the dagger up and sliced at me with it.

   It took me a moment to comprehend what had just happened. It wasn't until I felt the warm blood flowing down my neck and chest that I fully understood what she had done. All of a sudden the 'fog' released me from it's grasp- completely this time. Immediately, I brought my shaking hands up to my neck. Following the trails of blood, I eventually found the source. A long and deep gash ran along the entirety of my neck, mercilessly pumping my blood from my body.

   Pulling my hands back I saw them covered in red. But it wasn't long before black dots began showing up across my vision, obscuring the sight of my hands. Dizziness came next and I began stumbling backwards. Tripping over something, I fell, making my head ricochet off the floor before it fell limply to one side. My blood begin to pool around my head and in it I saw my reflection staring back at me.

Only it wasn't me.

    But I couldn't ponder on that for very long. It was becoming very hard to breath and instead of just dots, my eyesight was going in and out of darkness. However, it served me long enough to witness a pair of feet walking away from my body and into the shadows.

She was leaving me here to die...

And I'm pretty sure the word 'pathetic' left her lips as she did so.

***

A/N Sorry if this is at all confusing or if there's any mistakes. I wrote this late at night and didn't go back over it. If you notice anything wrong, please tell me so I can fix it :)

Thank you for reading <3

Vote, Comment, Share!