Chapter 1. Healthy

[a/n]: to understand this book, you should read the first one (Jump) - there are spoilers in here if you have not read that yet.

Let me know what you think :)

Chapter 1. Healthy

The rain scattered over Cole and I recklessly as we watched the football game of our school UCLA. Our team was tied with our opponents, the next point determining who won the game. It was our side's chance to kick. The crowd was wild with screams traveling across the sea of people, everyone on their feet in anticipation. As a player set the ball up for the kick, the sound of the people died down to a pin-dropping silence. The whistle blew, and in an instant the kicker ran towards the ball and threw his foot against the ball heatedly. Everyone's eyes were glued to the ball flying across the field, following the kick and watching it soar through the field goal.

In seconds, the crowd erupted into ecstatic victory shrieks.

I turned to Cole, gripped onto the collar of his jacket that peeked out from under his rain poncho, and planted a kiss on those fine-ass lips of his. He smiled into my lips and hooked his arm around my back to pull me closer.

Pulling back from my kiss, Cole lifted the hood of my rain poncho and placed it over my head, tightening the strings to keep it there. I was freezing to say the least, but I didn't want to complain about it and ruin our victory. The stands began to clear out once the team left the field with their trophy of success. With a simple goodbye to some acquaintances we sat with, Cole grabbed my hand and intertwined our fingers as we stepped down the bleachers and left the arena.

"So what are we thinking, takeout or sit down tonight?" Cole quizzed about our dinner plans, placing his arm around my shoulders.

His question fleeted my mind as my thoughts went elsewhere. Cole and I were doing so well. It was our junior year of college and we had managed to maintain a smooth and healthy relationship in all that time leading up to here. He had gotten even more handsome, if that were possible. For one, he stopped drinking which led him to taking his stress out on exercise, making him well fit and quite the eye candy. He hadn't given up smoking though, which was something I'd always worried about. However, he didn't smoke as much as he used to, so I guess that was a start.

He managed to grow and keep his reign of towering over me through college. He was now 6'1" instead of a solid six feet tall, whereas I still stood at a daunting 5'4". It didn't matter though, he was pretty much my whipping boy when it came to getting things from high places.

Once college started, our relationship was more... steamy, if you will.

That's right, folks!

I lost my V-card to Cole Woods.

Originally I was waiting for marriage but last year I realized him and I were for forever. He was the one, I just knew it. I could feel it with every fiber of my being. Therefore, no regrets whatsoever.

He was my everything, and he always would be.

The act obviously brought us much closer than we had ever been before, making our relationship blossom into an even greater one. The trust was strong, the love was strong, and the sex was fucking amazing.

As one may notice, Cole really started rubbing off on me. My vocabulary now extended from the simple "crap" to a whole-hearted "shit." I realized it didn't make me a bad person, however I refused to say a few certain choice words for the... vag. I still had standards, and the innocence seemed to always be with me, so sue me, right?

Along with my extended vocabulary, I was also able to overcome some difficult personal obstacles with the help of Cole and Jackson. My claustrophobia was not nearly as severe as it was in high school, my confidence was no longer non-existent, and I stopped having panic attacks. After the dilemma with Griffin practically stalking me, and the whole Oliver thing on the cliff, and the torment I lived with from Cassandra, and the death of my best friend... well, it was hard for me to recover.