Chapter Eight

I look over to Daniel and all I saw was a smirk. I look over to Daniel and all I saw was a smirk. I look into his precious blue and all I see is another hand reach over. He lifts Daniels hand away from my thigh and replaces it with his. He grabs my side and pulls me closer to him. We were finishing up our ice cream which was faster than the walk.

"You guys wanna go to beach?" Jonah says.

"Sure." Abby says getting up while pushing her chair in and throwing her trash away. Jonah holds her hand. They walk out the door and wait for us there. We all look at each other and decide to get up and go with them. The beach wasn't that far thankfully.

Corbyn walked with Ashley, Maddie and Jack, Jonah and Abby, and Daniel on the side alone, Zach with me. We all walked together as if we were in a movie. I found this way to funny. 

 *skip 15 minutes of walking there* 

I talk off my shoes and hold them in my hand. Zach takes my free hand as Daniel was right behind us. I slowly go on the sand and appreciate the softness of it.  We walk closer to the water. Each with each other but separated in different locations. As the water touches my feet I bend down slightly. I feel a pair of hands wrap around my waist and pull me closer to them. 

I get up and see Zach holding me. 

"Is everything ok?" I ask him.

"Yup. Just waiting for that kiss of yours?" He says smiling. 

"My kiss? Don't you have a girlfriend or something?" I say acting. 

"Girlfriend? I hope so.  After I ask her." He says holding me and turning me to face him.

"Well isn't she lucky Mr. Herron?" I say breaking away from his grip. 

"Hard to get huh? I like that." He walks in the direction I was walking in. 

I see Jack and Maddie sitting with each other just admiring the scenery. I stop and stare. Until Jack gets up angry and walks away. 

JACK'S POV: 

oI was really happy Maddie was spending time with me. I really missed her. She was and still is like my other half. We laughed and talked and remembered the good times from our childhood. 

We sat down in the sand holding each other. I loved Madison with my everything. I doubt she felt the same way which hurt me. It made my self confidence go down. I thought of her even after we weren't talking as much. 

"So, um Maddie..." I say looking at her gorgeous eyes. I got lost for a little bit until she made sure to bring me back to reality. 

"yeah Jack?" she says so perfectly. I couldn't help it.

I lean in for the kiss hoping she would kiss back. It felt like I was doing all the work. She pushes my chest and leans back from the kiss. I look at her confused. 

"What's wrong?" I say making sure I wasn't hurting her. 

"Jack...I don't...um...I don't see you in that way. You're like family to me." My heart shattered into pieces that were not visible for the naked eye to see. 

"I get it." I try not to cry. I hold my tears in and get up and make sure to leave.

"Jack! Please come back." 

END OF JACK'S POV!

YOUR POV: 

I run over to Jack and Zach stops me. 

"Woah where are you going?" Zach says griping on my wrist. 

"Zach please. Let me go. I need to do something important." He lets go and  I run over to Jack. Maddie has her hands covering her face while laying on her back. I look at her and I'm debating on whole to go to. Maddie who just is covering her face of Jack sitting on a rock wiping the tears of his face. 

I run over to Jack. I think it's best for Maddie and I to talk alone in our house with Abby's opinion too. 

"Jack. What happened?" I say almost crying because his eyes were blood red. 

"Nothing it's fine just go have fun please." He says 

"How can I have fun when you're crying? Jack tell me. Please. Maybe I can he-" I was interrupted. 

"You tried helping! It just made things worse. She broke my heart. The amount of love I have for her will never go away even after what she just did to me. It didn't help Arianna it...didn't help." He says crying as I pull him in for a hug. I couldn't help but cry with him. 

"why me? Why does this always happen to me? No one ever loves me the way I love them. Everyone just dislikes me." he says crying and taking deep breathes between each word. I rub my fingers through his hair. 

"I told you! I told you this wasn't just a phase. Arianna please help." 

"Jack...this is a heart break. I can't help this. You're just gonna have to forget your feelings for her." He holds on to me a little harder. We hold each other and I close my eyes holding him making sure not to let go. 

"ARIANNA! MADDIE!!" Jonah yells. 

I open my eyes and Jack sits up. Maddie hears him and gets up. We all run to him and ask if everything was ok. 

"Abby..." he says out of breathe. 

"She's gone. I can't find her." We all look worried now. We looked at each other and Maddie at Jack. She tries holding his hand. He moves to the opposite side of me. 

Maddie looks super sad. I hold her and bring her closer to me. 

"We'll find her I promise." I say reassuring them. 

*6 hours pass* 

"I'm so sorry. I'm sooo sorry." Jonah says rubbing his eyes. 

"Hey hey hey! Look at me please. We'll find her." I say. Zach and Daniel come from one side with some police officers and Corbyn and Ashley come from another side with flashlights. Me hoping they would have good news. 

"Nothing." Corbyn says looking at the ground. 

I get a text from an unknown number. 

'hello Arianna.' 

I simply ignore it because that's the least of my problems. I, We had to find my best friend! I had this weird vibe. I had a feeling I knew who this was. But, why? 

HEY GUYS! It's Angelina! I'm sorry I haven't updated in a while but here is Chapter 8. Hope you guys enjoyed! Have a good day/night.