Chapter 13: I Bit The Blonde Chick

[ Haleigh's POV ] ( By the way, would you guys like a different POV? I'm willing to change it up! )

A sudden deafening silence enveloped the kitchen. "Her?" I spat.

"Me?" The blonde-headed girl asked as she whirled around towards Nathan. I glared at the back of her head.

"What?" was Nathan's all-too-innocent response. "You are my Mate... right, Grace?"

My teeth grinded together when Grace slowly nodded.

She still faced him and I was annoyed that I hadn't gotten a glimpse of her face yet. Nathan's face, however, turned into a blank listening expression. I recognized it as a werewolf Pack's way of communicating, Mind-Link.

"Grace," I suddenly blurted out, keeping my voice an icily sweet tone. "Would you mind if I asked... is your hair dyed? Because all the sluts dye their hair blonde."

I regretted saying that. That was so stereotypical and I knew it wasn't true, but I just wanted some kind of insult.

"Um.. I just got brighter highlights about a few days ago," she muttered, confusion spreading across her face as she had turned to look at me.

I was then confused as well. Her eyes were a split between dark gold, a usual werewolf's eye color in wolf form, and a blue or green. I couldn't tell whether it was blue or green.. She was either disguising her eyes, or she was mad at me.

"What color are your eyes?" I sneered, immediately hating myself for it. "Let me guess, baby blue?"

She rolled her eyes. "I don't have to tell you anything."

"Slut," I murmured under my breath, almost smirking when she glared at me.

"Look who's talking! You can't keep your mouth away from my Mate," she bit back, smiling snarkily at me before turning around and pressing her body into Nathan's.

I almost died when she reached up, locking her fingers in his hair, pulling his face down to meet her lips.

A venomous hiss spiraled out of my throat and my fangs emerged. I was pissed, and I barely even knew why. I launched my body at Grace's without giving it a second thought.

She fell hard onto the floor with myself pinning her to the ground. The want of blood suddenly overwhelmed me. She was a werewolf, though. I couldn't drink her blood, the thought registered in my head, but it was too late.

My fangs had other plans. I snatched her wrist and didn't hesitate to pierce my sharp canines into her tanned skin. She let out a loud shriek, in which I bathed in.

I barely tasted a drop of her blood before I was ripped off of her body. Weak, almost nonexistent sparks tingled down my arms and I instantly knew who had grabbed me.

Nathan.

He shoved me in the other direction of Grace, causing me to stumble into the wall. He kneeled down next to Grace, grabbing the wrist I had bitten. He examined it for a short moment before looking up to glare at me.

"Back to your room," he snarled, taking me completely by surprise.

I had no other choice but to follow his orders. I guess I deserved it for hurting his 'Mate'.. I glanced back at Grace, who was clutching her wrist with a pained look. But the minute she noticed me watching her, a sneaky smile edged on her lips and you know what she did?

She winked.

****

I laid sprawled out on my new bed completely bored out of my mind. I was clueless on how to pass the time by now.