the unnecessary greeting

The moment I finished my sentence mentally, eight phantom-like objects darted towards me from the darkness. Instant reflex's kick-started my body before my brain could even grasp the situation.

Leaping up I managed to avoid six of the objects. I landed gracefully on the edge of my bed frame. I glanced back at the objects which appeared to be throwing knives, and were now punctured into the wall behind me.

"Are you serious?!!?" "I just got that fixed." The second I looked away was all the time that was needed before yet another knife came darting out from out of no where. This time there was a slight red tint to it.

It was too late for me to evade, so I went on the offensive. Kicking the knife up into the ceiling confirmed three things. 1) this is the work of my best friend Jessica and 2) the knives where meant to critically wound, and 3) this is the worst wake up call ever.

My eyes adjusted as the adrenaline kicked in. A phantom-like cloud became visible then suddenly melted into the ground. "What?... ... ...That's it?", "That can't be it" "who is going to fix my wall now?" I thought to myself. Reflecting on the previous moment I immediately jumped, doing a twisting back flipped and landing like those ninjas do in the action movies.

"Well aren't you a fast learner?" Upon hearing those words the phantom cloud cast aside its cloak of darkness revealing their body. A average sized female with a petite frame, sporting a custom suit that promoted her curves, and how could I forget the rack of blades around her left thigh. "Jess"