❅ fourteen

Jeon Jeongguk

Jeon Jeongguk

Taehyung started walking in my direction; when he was just at an arm's distance, guards quickly came between the two of us to lead him away. I stared at the patch of fabric on my arm where his fingertips had just grazed. Despite fast, the touch lingered, and only really faded after I was taken from the sand, guided down long corridors.

At one point they left me to wander free, in what was a makeshift infirmary, with different  House mentors & their recruits in separate rooms. Some rooms were up to full capacity, others with only two present.
I started jogging down the corridor, peering into each room until an arm suddenly pulled me backwards. This was Taeyong, who didn't hesitate to hug me once I was in the room.

"You killed it out there! In the most literal sense." He winked. "Honestly, I didn't know my dongsaeng had that in him."

"Excuse me?" My eyebrow raised.

"I know," Jooheon piped from the chair he was sat in. "he's only a year younger than me."

The other eyebrow raised too. "This is too much processing for my brain. But I'm glad you're okay."

"We should be telling you that," Akira said, sitting up on the bed. "whilst it may have not seemed like it for you, especially with what happened at the end, but for a good percentage of the fight you got your ass beat."

"Shush," I chuckled, accepting her hug. "how are you feeling."

"I swear, the next person to ask me that is getting kicked. I'm fine, it was just a scratch on my leg and plus I won the fight. I'll be okay; I have to be for the knighting ceremony tomorrow."

"We're gonna be knights?!" Taeyong gasped.

"No, it's just easier to say that Regiment-putting-together-party," he turned to me. "our star of the show will have all eyes on him tomorrow."

"What? Why?" I collapsed into a chair, only now feeling the dull ache radiating through my body.

"In case you forgot, you ripped a man apart with your mind," Akira said. "which is impressive - kinda gross - but still impressive."

"I-I had to. It was either that or he'd kill the prince. I have never done that before- I've never killed before."

The three of them exchanged long, silent looks, all whilst avoiding eye contact with me.

"Mmm."

"Yeah."

"Sure."

"What?" I squeaked, but my impending protest was cut short by the door swinging open, Hoseok dramatically running at me, coming terribly close from jumping on me & ending me right there. With all the strength gifted to him, he yanked me up and into his arms, squeezing an extended groan from me.