Lost in Technicolor

Synopsis:

Set in 2017

Different forms of art get demonstrated as Fab and I share mediums and expressions.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sitting out in the park, holding a sketch pad and some charcoal. It's been a while since I have last sat to draw anything, due to the hustles and bustles and sprinting in life, so I take advantage of today's freedom. I have a few sketches already done, one is a sketch of a bluejay and red cardinal sharing a branch on a tree, another had a scenic view over a bridge and the last one is what I'm working on, a couple of children on a swing.

Drawing humans are so exciting and yet it's my Achilles heel. There are so many complex details, but drawing every detail may not be everyone's cup of tea. I struggle with body mass and proportion and make the figures too small. Attempting large figures make things too awkward, so I go for the incomplete style. When I finish my sketch, the two children have left the swing. I changed some of the children's features to avoid anger from parents for drawing their kid. I see a shadow looming over me.

"That looks pretty good". I turn around and see Fab. "Hi," I say, softly. "Thanks, it's been a while since I've drawn anything". Fab looks at my other two sketches and complements them the same. I tell him about my troubles with human figures and how I sometimes feel like I have to hold back a little. "I don't think you should have to do that, but I understand some may not like the extra details" he explains. "I don't know, I can't help but have attention to detail". He suggests I do what's best.

Later, I go to retouch the sketch I made earlier back home. I started adding color to it, making some realism. After I was done, I start a new one on the next page. I look up and see a full body picture of Fab and try to practice figures again.

I start drawing his head and face, which turns out ok, then started drawing his hair. The texture of his hair is so soft, even though it is in dreads and cascades down his broad shoulders. As I continue to daydream, I keep sketching him and adding those unique details. Hours go by and I finally finish. I turn on the light to get a better view. "What the-? How did I do this?!" I ask myself. I look at the sketch and realize I had drawn a full body sketch of Fab nude!

I look in shock and awe at the picture and it's so beautiful. Fab's features are shown beautifully. The texture of his wavy hair, the richness of his mahogany skin, those bedroom eyes, full nose and lovely lips. Then there's his strong shoulders, well-sculpted torso, strong legs and perfectly shaped cock. It's the best figure drawing I've done so far. I get a sense of pride but a feeling of dread. What happens if Fab sees this? What if he gets offended or frightened?

I see to it that this is not seen by others by covering the sketch to keep the colors fresh and turn in to sleep. The next morning couldn't come quick enough as I get ready for the day and take my sketchbook with me to a field outside. I sit and start to draw some of the flowers then started to draw myself and Fab too. I make no claims of having a photographic memory but the drawing of us comes close to what we look like. After adding more scenery, I view this finished piece.

This one is more surreal. We are nude in a field of flowers that is underwater. I get more shocked by this and wonder why am I doing nudes suddenly. I get up to go get some tea. After buying my tea to relax, I look at my work in private to avoid peering eyes of young children or prudish adults. I look up to see Fab and close the book immediately. We say hello to each other and talk for a little bit. I excuse myself to go to the restroom and leave my sketchbook with him.

Fab opens the book to see the sketches from yesterday, but then sees the ones of him. He opens the page that has him nude! When I return to the booth I see the book is gone and Fab's stunned expression. "Oh my God! He saw them." I think to myself.