Chapter 1 - Catching Up

Characters:

Kate Evangelista - Main

Jeremy Vidal -

Willem Clutterham -

Kringgggg....kringggg.... That was my phone alarming! Time check 7:20 am. I have a job interview to attend at noon. I stretched my arms and legs, bent my body and moaned "good morning!" I laid on the bed for a few more minutes before I stood up. I walked to the sliding glass door in my room, opened the curtains and slid the door open to see the beautiful brightly shining sun and get a fresh morning air. I love this view in my room. Covered terrace, a comfy couch, 3 bin bags and a garden...green grass. I stood parallel to the sliding door and once again stretched my arms wide "This is it! College is over! Time to get a feel of the real world." I finished advertising, it was what my passion was shouting for. I have an interview with Vogue Philippines. Damn (pronounced deym)! "If I get this job, I will be a one serious hot chick!". My imagination went wild. I thought about traveling the world meeting people, attending international interviews, being known by famous Hollywood stars. "My oh my! The thought was breathtaking!"

I turned to my radio and played my favorite songs. Now playing "There are thousand miles from comfort we have travelled land and sea..." (I'd Rather Be by Clean Bandit). I started singing with the song, faced the mirror, took a brush and used it as I mic. Then my slim botty was gliding smoothly with the beat. I continued singing and dancing while I was preparing the clothes (suit from Ermenigildo Zegna), shoes (Christian Loubotin) and bag (Saint Lauren) I shopped over the weekend which I will wear for the interview and placed them all over my bed. I went straight to the bathroom to start prepping myself... bath, make up, dress up. I looked at myself in front of a ceiling to floor size mirror and all I could say was "Wow!" I guess I was ready to start the new phase of my life".

*Dinning area

"Honey! You look great! Turn around for me." "Looking a combination of kick and smart ass!" Oh my parents they always boost my confidence. "Good morning mum, dad! (while turning around) so am I sophisticated looking enough, huh!" *kiss to mum and dad. I ate just about enough to keep my digestive system working. "Mum, Dad, I gotta go. I don't wanna run late for this precious dream interview. Traffic can be insane."

*Parking

Just reached the building and parked. Fixed my hair, grabbed my bag and my leather LV document case (a gift from Willem-he was, I would say, the closest guy friend I have in college,very generous).

Tak tak tak. The sound of my steps against the marble floor is amusing! Then here is the lobby. "Oh my effin super effin tlaga na god" I couldn't contain how intimidating the ambiance was. All white marble with touch of gray shade in a smoke design. Tables are served with beautiful bouquet of flowers. Couches and tables in variant colors looked classy and fancy. The receptionists looked perfectly fit to welcome guests and you could tell they were REALLY in the advertising and fashion industry. Just WOW!

I inhaled deeply soon as I stepped out of the elevator and composed myself. (heading to the receptionists) "Welcome to Vogue Philippines. May I have your good name?" "Hello! I am Kate Evangelista. I have an interview appointment with Liza Throbe at 12 noon." "One moment please, allow me to verify your appointment. Have a seat and I will call you when ready."

I sat on one of the couch. Comfy was an understatement. I could fall asleep for days on this thing.

Moments later I saw a skinny 5'8 tall lady wearing a fit 2 inches above the knee length sleeveless dress and in shoes that looked Christian Loubotin. Her hair is pushed back and pinned up. It looked very neat. I think I just dropped my jaw. Or, worse, I think I almost lost my feminist side...I could qualify as lesbo. "Kate E-van-je-lis-tuh (Evangelista)". She saw me standing and walking towards her. I was smiling and tried to my very core not to lose my posture. When I was two step away from her i reached out my arm to shake-hands "Hello. I am Kate Evangelista. I am beyond pleased to finally meet you".