Lost

*Imigie's POV*

"Well this could get interesting," I heard Natalya say. "Cody may have it but I think Damien has something up his sleeve."

I shifted uncomfortably in my seat as I glared at the TV monitor just a few feet away from me. Seeing Damien at the commentary table while Cody was making his entrance caused several thoughts to rush into my head.

"Ya think?" giggled Eva Marie.

"No, he really would," argued Nikki Bella. "I used to team up with him and Cody along with Brie. That man has quite the mouth."

I just remained silent as I turned away from the TV screen. I pulled out my phone from my jacket pocket then went to YouTube. It was time for me to do my homework: watching Hell In A Cell matches so that I would at least get a better understanding of what exactly I was getting myself into.

I did want to watch Cody's match but I knew watching Hell In a Cell matches were much more important. I was taking part in that match so I had to at least know what it had.

I tapped on the first full match video (I didn't really pay attention to who was facing each other) then kept my full attention to the match showing on my phone. It was what I had to do to prepare myself for possibly one of the most grueling matches in my entire wrestling career.

And why AJ was at ringside with Damien while I wasn't with Cody was a pretty serious one. One that caused me to fear the worst.

Ever since the challenge that was planted down this past Monday on Raw, Cody had kept giving me rather dark looks. I had initially brushed it off as him probably being rather worried because this was the kind of match the women in recent history haven't competed in.

However, I noticed that it was more than that. It deeply troubled me and I had wanted an answer. Before I re-entered the locker room, that was when it happened.

FLASHBACK

"Cody," I said. "Explain yourself! What the hell is going on? You've been giving me these weird looks since we headed backstage. I need an explanation."

He just gave me a dangerous glare as he shifted uncomfortably in his position. Seeing him like this left me almost shaken. He was stern with me sometimes but seeing him like this wasn't normal.

"I hate to break it to you but I've been thinking about this challenge and to be honest, you aren't ready for this," he answered in a hard sounding voice.

I shook my head in disagreement. Did he somehow forget about the road that I forced to climb to get to this point? Was he really trying to talk me out of this sort of match?

"That's where you're wrong," I replied. "For years, the women have been through nothing but pudding matches and mud fights! So many women like myself, Kaitlyn, and even other women in NXT are fighting to leave that in the past!"

"But you'll hurt yourself!" he yelled back. "Do you not hear yourself?"

"I'll either cower away or hurt myself trying to fight for a new women's evolution!" I argued.

He just stayed silent for a few moments before he spoke again.

"Fine," he conceited. "But you've been warned about this sort of match. Just take it as a warning—"

"I'm a fighting champion!" I replied through gritted teeth. "I've had to work my ass off even when you weren't here! That should say a lot. I hope you realize that."

The anger slipped away and it turned into a look of profound sadness in scales beyond what I could count. I turned away from him and took a few steps before turning back to him, seeing the same agonized look in his eyes that I had seen before he tagged along with me.

"I guess... I guess I won't walk down the ring with you as kind of like a valet," I whispered. "If you say such a thing about me, then I've said my word."

Without another word, I walked away, still fuming internally. To say such a thing to me was completely ludicrous. It left me several questions ringing in my head.

END OF FLASHBACK

The memory played vividly in my head but I continued to watch the match on my phone. The pay-per view was just a little over a week away and Cody pretty much didn't think I was capable of handling a hell in a cell match.

There were two mysteries now that I had to figure out. The broken pieces and Cody's recent attitude with me. Both were completely different situations that didn't make sense to me.

Trying to piece both situations together seemed to make very little sense but something in the back in my head said something else. What if they were both connected somehow? Somehow trying to sabotage my road to my upcoming title defenses, one of them being in a cell match. Or maybe I was just being too paranoid.

I shook my head for thinking such a ridiculous thing. There would be no way both situations would be connected, right? However, the more I thought about it, the more unsure of it I became. It got to the point that something in the equation was bound to scare me more profoundly than the stipulation itself.