Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Former Authoress: Primsgirl89 (You can find her on FF.net too!)

Beater/Reviser & New Authoress: Kartara (You can find me on FF.net too.)

Quick note: I, Kartara, adopted this series form Primsgirl89 and began to write for it. Prim and I both agreed that it'd be best if I edited the past chapters (Chapters 1 – 6) in my own style and upload it as my own fan-fiction to avoid copyright. Credit for the original story plot and development should go to her for these lovely chapters!

Obi POV

He looked down at the red-headed girl, the same girl he was ordered to spook away or kill. He didn't know why he couldn't seem to do either to her. It was like his body wouldn't listen to what his brain was telling it. So, he just jumped to a closer tree and just watched her from twenty feet away. He was in a tall tree, probably a hundred feet tall. She was planting a few herbs into the garden, humming a tune he was too far away too hear. She seemed so content being near those plants. A black cat was napping near her, a white spot on its chest. Must be a young baby. He looked back to the working girl, wondering what her job is in the palace is, or if she even worked here. From what it looked like, she had to be five-foot-three. She was very slim, but not to where she looked like she barely ate. She was the perfect image of a healthy girl. She looked to be seventeen, at least. Her hair, though the papers say it's the colour of a red apple, but to him it looked like the colour of the Dahlia flower. Her hair fell gracefully down to the midsection of her back.

He looked at how she watched the gardens. Her slim and careful fingers gently touched the plants, almost like if she touched with less carefulness, they would disintegrate. She was now planting what looked to be herbs after clearing a few spots for them. She turned to face where he was hiding. He held his breath. Her skin was the perfect colour of cream, her eyes so green, they were almost like emeralds that went perfectly with her skin and hair. Her lips were a soft pink colour. She is very beautiful.

She waved me down. Had she spotted him? Deciding to just go and see what her reaction would be when she sees him, he jumped down from the large tree he was watching her from. She jumped and then she giggled ever so softly. Her laugh...it's like wind chimes. Soft and musical.

His face didn't show any sign of softness for he kept it perfectly neutral. His eyes landed on the black cat, who was now looking up at him with its amber eyes. His and the cat's eyes connected. The cat gave a soft mew and rubbed against the girl. The girl looked to the cat and scratched behind the ears. He could hear the content purrs from where he stood.

"Hello. Why were you in the tree?" Her bell-like voice asked. It didn't seem to be angry or creeped out, but genuinely confused and curious. Her emerald eyes looked at him like he had done to her, but it took him a long bit to actually notice. Man, she is good at to being noticed at taking a person in.

"You seem like a pretty good guy, but I have a bad feeling that you have a bad assignment here," The red head murmured quietly. The cat mewed again as he walked up to Obi and rubbed against his leg. "Midnight Star likes you. You can pet her if you like."

Wait, what? How did she know? He allowed his eyes to widen in surprise, keeping the surprised look on his face as he let the now dubbed Midnight Star cuddle his leg before bigging to pet her till' she was nothing but a black pile of purrs.

"Sadly, that is true, and what's even more sad is that it has to involve a beautiful thing like you." He sighed as she stepped back, but she stepped forward and grabbed his arm. She tugged ever so softly, gesturing for him to follow her.