Her Day

Chapter One: Her day

Nothing feels greater when your love's birthday and Valentine's Day occur on the same day. You wake up early in the morning, sneak out of the bed and freshen up as neat as possible. It might be one rare moment in whole year, you walk into the kitchen and hurry two cups of tea as fast as possible. You know she's been up for hours smiling at you fighting with stoves and all.

Anyhow you make  your morning tea, pour equally into cups and walk to her by her side.

"Good Morning, honey" She with her usual charm and lousy voice would say.

"Good Morning. Get up now, you lazy bone. " Only places have been switched this time but whatever you made it today. She gets on her back and take one cup off the tray.

No chef works hard until he/she is complimented enough.

 "It's better than the last time." She compliments. Now it's my turn .

Damn it, sugar is missing.

"No sugar. I'm bringing in, Just wait here."  Putting my cup aside I make my way out of the covers.

"Stay" Her polite and enchanting request holds me back into the bed .

"What?" I ask her. Blissful tears of joy rolls down her skin. As mesmerizing this morning is, happier she continues to grow inside. She may speak her words of satisfaction in few seconds she feels on this beautiful day, but she stops, sighs and turns away.

"What?" I ask her again.

"What happens when morning dies and day is born?" She asks.

"Nothing. All of this is inside me. No one is going to take you away from me again." 

She freezes the way she turned away from me and Drapes flapper on its own ringing an alarm inside his head.

We don' t talk then. Conversation narrows to silent sipping of tea and ticking of clock on the wall. I finish my tea, but she is enjoying  every drop of love and understanding she had when she was alive.

I put my cup and her unfinished in the tray and walk out of room, out of delirious imagination of her world.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ina" A thirty-seven year old man in suit and tie hurried out in the balcony and called his daughter. A six year kid playing with her robot toy and pulling out grass off the garden, looked up.

"Heena, Could you please bring her up and dress her nicely. We have to get ready." Anshuman yelled. It was his important day and he wouldn't want to waste any seconds in house. Heena followed way to Ina, carried on her arms and ran to the house.

"Dress her, quick." Anshuman ordered. Heena looking down hurried to the girl's dressing room.

"I've been watching you Anshuman. Don't do that to her. " It was Anshuman's father, Mr. Singh.

"I'm doing nothing. She wanted to stay like that." He ignored his father's presence. He kept on searching car key.

"She is not a servant to give orders. God, learn some respect." Father interrupted again.

"I'm learning respect. If others do not understand how I respect, then that's none of my problem." He found his key and left the room.

Anshuman knew her immature behavior was triggering  his anger issues, he was trying not to blow any of them. She wasn't going to stop yelling and he didn't know how to explain from beginning.

"Are we here?" Heena asked as soon as Anshuman stopped the car.

He silently stepped out of the car, walked to the other side of door and opened it for Heena.

"Daddy, why are we here?" Her daughter Ina, innocent and unknown asked him.

"It's a place daddy visits every year no matter what." Heena said in despair.

"Did you clean the house?" Aarushi was surprised to see her house all managed and decorated.

"Yes." He said.

"What's that smell?" She hurried to the kitchen. Her favorite dishes served on table, flowers gorgeously arranged in vases and wall cups. She felt what it was and could not stop her overwhelmed intuitions.

There was a chocolate cake and writing on it.

She cried, "I do."

Anshuman was on his knees, holding out a ring and feeling lifetime happiest in that moment. He past his rage and his love back in his arms after solving all tangled misunderstandings under the feet. He wanted to jump into the time axis and slow down the velocity. Yeah, time did freeze. Her steps moved towards him while he slowly got on his feet. She hugged him tight and he lifted her up a bit. She whispered some words.

" I'm so happy."

I love you too."

"This is the day of my life."

Aarushi Sen, a pretty girl he fell in love with since his first year in college. He met her during one of the college functions. At first they hated each other, but later they realized they were being immature and when they stopped being immature, love rooted deep into their hearts and flowers blossomed again. Brave and sporty girl had disturbed his night sleeps. Decent and social Anshuman stole her attentions.

"You don't have to do this." Heena walked by his side.

"Yes, I do." He firmly replied.

"Stay with me. What an irony Ansh. " Aarushi looking straight to him walked on his other side.

"Stop talking." He frowned.

"It;s not me talking, it's the truth. Look who you bring on your side when it's my birthday and Valentine's Day."

"Stop" Tears rolled down his cheeks. Her words began breaching his peaceful and rage-less mind.

"Do your words mean nothing, Ansh?"

"Am I not that beautiful like Heena?"

"Do you love her, now?"

He broke down over her grave, dropping her favorite orchids and lilies on her stone.

Suddenly a gun fired outside the window, went  through narrow hole and  pierced through Aarushi's one side of her temple. Blood  drained out of her system and she breathed her last on his arms.