You had me at "Hello"

James' POV 💕

I was in the park with Nadine, Yassi and Andre. We were having a picnic.
"Hey, do you wanna play truth or truth (spin the bottle)?" Said Andre.
Yassi answered while giggling, "Andre, isn't it supposed to be truth or DARE?"
Andre shrugged, "I know but I'm to lazy to get up and do those dares so can we only have truth?"
"But that's no fun, you're so lazy!" Nadine slapped his shoulder jokingly.
Andre sighed in defeat, "Ok fine, but the dare should only involve the four of us and no STANDING, please?" Then everyone including me, laughed at Andre.

Yassi grabbed a glass bottle and started to spin it, the bottle pointed towards Nadine.

"Truth or dare?" Andre asked.
"Umm, truth!" Answered Nadine.
Andre stifled a laugh, "Who's lazy now?"

That's when Nadine hit him again. So childish, but I love these guys! They bring out the kid in me.

"So Nadine, who is your crush?" Said Yassi.

I am also intrigued, I really don't know who's the crush of Nadine and I guess so does Andre and Yassi.

Nadine looked so hesitant to answer, "Umm... ahh... gosh, why did I choose truth"
"C'mon now, you can trust us." Said Yassi while Andre and I nodded in agreement.
Nadine sighed, "Okay fine but I hope nothing will be awkward after this ok."
We nodded.
"It's James." Nadine said while blushing.

I couldn't believe it. I mean Nadine is such an awesome girl but I didn't thought of having her as my girlfriend. But, I don't know...

Andre started teasing Nadine and yes, Nadine was slapping him everytime he teases her. So cute. Huh, wait.. what did just thought of?

Yassi said, "Yieee, bagay kayo!"
Nadine said while covering here face, "Just please spin the bottle."

The bottle stopped pointing towards me... Oh no, this is gonna be bad.

"Hmm, I'll be the Cupid." Said Yassi.
"James, kiss Nadine on her cheeks while hugging her for 1 minute." She added.

I did what I was told to do and somehow, I feel like its natural to be hugging her, you know that feeling?

Andre said, "Nadine, one minute is over! Control yourself, woman!" Yes, you're right, another smack it got him. These 2 are like cats and dogs!

After the hug and the kiss on the cheek, I noticed Nadine blushing. She's so adorable.

After the truth or dare, we went to an ice cream shop because Nadine's dare to Andre is to treat all of us to an ice cream shop and of course it was her pay back for the annoyance of Andre.

"Guys, I better get going. I have to buy a gift for my cousin." Yassi said.
Andre stood up, "I'll go with you, these to lovebirds need to have a little space of their own."
"Yah, speak for yourself." I said.

When they were out of the shop, there was an awkward silence between the two of us so just to break the ice asked Nadine a question I've been itching to ask since the game.

"So Nadine, what you said a while ago-" I was cut off by Nadine.
"Oh I'm sorry for making you comfortable, I mean I was pressured by those two." She said with no eye contact.
"Umm, so... was that a lie?" I said a bit disappointed. I don't even know why.
She answered while still looking at the table, "Yes, that was a lie."
"Look at me in the eye and say that." I commanded her.
She looked at me a bit angry, "Why? Seriously, why does it matter to you? haven't you said enough awhile ago?!"

Oh yah, awhile ago this happened...

"Ok James, it's your turn. Truth or dare?" Andre asked.
"Truth." I answered.
Yassi said excitedly, "Ooh, I have one! Do you like Nadine?"

I was shocked by the question that I don't know what to answer. I mean , I haven't really thought of having Nadine as my girlfriend. Although, I do find her appealing but I haven't really thought of her that way.

Here goes nothing, "Umm... I do, as a friend."

There was a moment of silence between the 4 of us.

Nadine said breaking the silence, "Hmm-kay, who's turn is it? She said like nothing happened.

I was confused by her tone of voice, "Wait, what are you mad at me for?"
"You know what, it's not important." She said while running out of the ice cream shop.

I chased after her and grabbed her by the hand.
"Nadine, what's wrong why did you run off like that?" I said in between my breath, this girl is like an athlete!

She didn't answer me. I couldn't see her face because it was covered by her long and beautiful hair.

I cupped her chin moving it enough so I can see her. I felt a sudden jolt when I touched her.

I saw her crying and I felt sorry because I know that I made her cry.

"What do you want?!" She said while sobbing.
"I just want to know the truth, do you really like me?" I asked.
She removed my hand away, "James, I get it, you don't like me... but do you really wanna hear it again, fine! I like you, James Reid! I really do like you, the first time we met, you had me at hello. Do you feel compelled? Did that boost your ego? Huh?! Now-"

I kissed her.

I didn't know what else to do, but while I was kissing her, it felt so good. It's like everything is in place.

She broke the kiss, "Why?"
"You were just talking their and your lips was so tempting." I smiled at her.
"But why? I thought you just see me as a friend? Friends don't do that?" She sounded so confused.
"I know but I don't see you as a friend, what I said awhile ago, I was confused. I cant tell what I was feeling inside. I'm sorry for what I said. I really think that you're the most beautiful person inside and out." I placed my hand unto her cheeks.
"Are you sure or are you just playing with my emotions? Cuz I am feeling very vulnerable right now." I know she was worried.
I looked at her with sincerity, "Look, I am serious and I wanna ask you something, will you be the girl who's gonna be with me forever and always?"

She cried so much and still didn't answer my question. I felt rejected!
"Will you please answer me? I understand if you'll say no, I was a jerk for being indecisive." I said.
She pecked me on the lips, "Yes."
"Come again?" I said with disbelief.
"Yes, I'll be your girlfriend." She said after hugging me.
"Really, thank you so much for giving me a chance but, why didn't you answer me right away." I asked her after I kissed her lightly on the cheek.
She laughed and said, "Hayaan mo na nga lang ako magpakipot and I just want to listen to you nag at yourself."
"You got me this time, baby! So adorable!" I said while holding her hands.
"I know I am!" She said.
"Promise you'll be my forver?" I asked.
She said with full confidence, "I promise, wala ng bawian mamatay man. Period. No erase."
I kissed her, "Hmm, quoting our song, I see?" She giggled.

We were holding our hand as we walk down to... I don't even no where but I don't care as long as we're together.