11:00 PM

The story of the young girl named Lisa made the front page of the newspaper on July 18th, 2017. The 17 year old was in her house the night prior, while her parents were on vacation. She was stabbed once in the chest, and she bled to death. When the cops arrived on the scene, there was a knife missing from the knife block. It was a stormy night, and the murder happened at 11:00 pm. It just so happened that Lisa went to Jenni and Rose's school.

"Man, the poor girl." Jenni said, putting the newspaper down on the table of the cafe. She sat at the table with her friend, Rose, who was sipping her vanilla latte. In front of Jenni, a peach black tea and a turkey, cheese, and tomato panini were in front of her. Rose has red hair, blue eyes,  and freckles,  which were all over her face. She was around 5'7", while Jenni was around 5'9". "Why weren't you at Zach's costume party last night?" asked Jenni, flipping her dark brown hair over her shoulder.

"I told you, I wasn't feeling well, so I didn't go." Rose said, blinking her bright blue eyes.

"Are you going to be there tonight?" The brunette asked.

"Probably."

When Jenni got home, she turned the television on, which still had the news channel on from earlier in the morning. "Authorities have found that the security cameras from a nearby convenience store have footage of the suspect walking into the victim's apartment building. The suspect is a female and was wearing a black leather costume, has red hair, and had a cat mask on, covering her face-" The reporter was cut off by Jenni turning the tv off.

"I should get ready." Jenni mumbled to no one, as her parents weren't home for the night. She walked to her bedroom and changed into her costume. She was dressed as the Cheshire Cat from Alice in Wonderland. Jenni grabbed her house keys from the counter, and opened the front door, then started walking to the party.

As Jenni walked the block to Zach's house, she sensed someone was watching her. She shook the feeling of uneasiness off, and knocked on Zach's door. The door opened and revealed pounding music, colorful lights, and the smell of cigarettes and alcohol. The music was so loud that Jenni wondered how the neighbors didn't file a noise complaint.

"Hey, I'm so glad you came again!" Zach said, pulling Jenni in for a hug. His breath smelled like vodka, and his shirt smelled like cigarettes.  She walked into the living room and looked around for Rose, not seeing her redheaded friend anywhere.

"Ugh, she ditched me again." Jenni mumbled through gritted teeth.

After a few hours of staying at the party, Jenni decided to go home. While walking down the street, she once again heard footsteps behind her. Jenni turned, looking down the empty street behind her. She picked up the pace, and quickly opened the door to her dark living room. Safe at last, Jenni thought as she reached for her light switch. However, when she turned the light on, she saw a dark figure standing in the kitchen by the knife block.

Jenni screamed and ran to her bedroom, locking the door, and then hid in the closet. Fumbling around in her purse, she pulled out her dead phone. Jenni quietly groaned at the sight.

"Come out Jenni. I know where you are." The unknown person said, dragging the knife across the wall. The doorknob clicked and turned, as the door started to creak open and Jenni started to hyperventilate. The closet door slid open, and the intruder held the knife up and plunged it into Jenni's chest. She screamed in pain, clutching her chest as she fell to the ground.

"You're so stupid Jenni. I know where the key to get into your house is. Having everyone like you, being in the spotlight all of the time..Tell me Jenni, how did it feel? Well for me, your shadow, the one that got you to where you were, it sucked. I never got any recognition for helping you out of tough situations. It's such a shame, a girl like you, having her life cut so short. Oh well, now it's my turn to be the center of attention." A woman's voice said.

The killer pulled their mask off as Jenni bled to death, and revealed their red hair, blue eyes, and freckles. Jenni's eyes widened in realization of who her killer was, before her heart stopped. The killer smirked as the clock read '11:00 pm'.

The killer fled the house, taking the knife with her.

"Once again, another killing happened in this small town. This time, it was another 17 year old girl named Jenni Gordon who was reportedly seen at a party a few blocks away from her house. Both victims went to Harper High School and police will be interviewing the student body there." The news reporter said on the television the next morning. The television gave everything in it's light a bright blue color, before someone shut it off, causing the room to be somewhat dark, except for the light above the kitchen sink. A hand turned the faucet on, and it spewed cold water onto the pale hands of the killer. She took the knife off of the counter and scrubbed the dried blood off of it. The blood turned the rag dark red, and then the water was turned off, making the room go silent. Her long, curly red hair was crusted with blood from stabbing the body. A shrill laughing echoed the room, and she took a deep breath to keep herself steady.

"Jokes on them, they won't find me until the case goes cold, and I'll be far away from them."